We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Direct auto now passed to dlc, Help !
stikiuk
Posts: 620 Forumite
Hey guys im after some advise please,
My hubby and i bought a car through Direct Auto Financial, we kept the car for 3 years and had paid way more than half the loan amount. So we decided to end the agreement and give the car back, as we had paid more than half the amount we wern't required to pay any money to them.
Than we got a letter frm them saying as they had put on PPI we still owed them £961.55 ! :mad:
They wouldn't let us take out the finance without the insurance. I argued and argued with them and refused to pay it so they have now passed the debt onto Direct Legal.
I have had a couple of letters from them and just had a phone call, i told the guy im not happy to pay it and will be contacting direct auto over the PPI. He said he will give me a week then he will ring me back about payments !
I have just sent letters of to my catalogues and capital one to try and claim back the payment protection insurance through it being missold to us. I have rheumatoid arthritis and was never told prexisting conditions wern't coverd.
Basically what i want to know is can i claim it back of direct auto and therefore not have to pay them this £961.55.
Please help me, many thanks in advance all x
ps they have also put on my credit file that the payments are 6 and 7 months late :mad: which is affecting me greatly
My hubby and i bought a car through Direct Auto Financial, we kept the car for 3 years and had paid way more than half the loan amount. So we decided to end the agreement and give the car back, as we had paid more than half the amount we wern't required to pay any money to them.
Than we got a letter frm them saying as they had put on PPI we still owed them £961.55 ! :mad:
They wouldn't let us take out the finance without the insurance. I argued and argued with them and refused to pay it so they have now passed the debt onto Direct Legal.
I have had a couple of letters from them and just had a phone call, i told the guy im not happy to pay it and will be contacting direct auto over the PPI. He said he will give me a week then he will ring me back about payments !
I have just sent letters of to my catalogues and capital one to try and claim back the payment protection insurance through it being missold to us. I have rheumatoid arthritis and was never told prexisting conditions wern't coverd.
Basically what i want to know is can i claim it back of direct auto and therefore not have to pay them this £961.55.
Please help me, many thanks in advance all x
ps they have also put on my credit file that the payments are 6 and 7 months late :mad: which is affecting me greatly
0
Comments
-
i have just sent of the template letter to Direct Auto asking for a copy of the original document as i can't find our copies of paperwork.0
-
Please.... anyone ? ? ?
0 -
Me again !
Im getting really desperate now,
Had the debt collection company on the fone yesterday threating us with court unless we make a payment by tomorow ! I explained the situation to them till i was blue in the face but they are not budging at all. Am really not sure where we stand with this, i was hoping amongst all you experts there would be someone who could advise me

plz plz ! 0 -
Hello,
First of all please stop worrying, you wont sleep if you keep going over this.
There is nothing you can do at ten thirty at night.
However, in the morning there will be things you can do. Remember that these companies specialize in intimidating people and trying to get *their* money out of people.
However, if you have unfairly been sold a PPI which it sounds very much as though you have, you can claim the money back.
Now I haven't looked into this because I never had PPI, but I know there are just loads of really good people on here who will help you out. And its relatively simple I have read of people making a phone call and getting their costs refunded.
I am going to be up for a little bit longer, and I will see what I can find out for you. In the meantime have a cup of tea, and try not to worry too much.
Gale
Littlewoods £457 requested CCA 30.11.07
As at 30/11/07!
Successfully reclaimed charges from Barclaycard, A+L in my sights now.
All debts interest free now!0 -
Hi hun... First of all don't worry..... I know it's easy for me to say cos they have not phoned me.... But I have been in the situation that I was getting several phone calls of this kind every day in the past.
They are NASTY IDIOTS and are obviously just bullies in real life when their not at work... and like to try and intimidate people into doing what they want and when they want it.
I am sure they probably all have a right laugh about how many people they reduce to tears in a day. probably have a sweep stake too.
I totally agree with Gale, you need to calm down and try to relax a little. They are not in a position to do anything straight away anyway.. but of course wouldn't want you to know that. They rely on people panic paying them.
You need to phone the original company tomorrow and tell them you WANT THE PPI REFUNDED as you were mis sold it and told that you couldn't have the finance WITHOUT it.. and you can TELL them that you want them to contact the other company and tell them it has been sorted out.
Good luck.0 -
Ok, so having had a look at the reclaiming section, I would say that once you have sent off the letter then your account is in dispute. You can say that to the debt collection agency, while its going through they can take no further action. If they do take further action you can report them to the FSA and they can get fined and their license revoked.
If they continue to phone tell them you will only deal with them by letter, and if they continue to phone you then its harassment. Keep a diary of all calls, this will go towards your complaint should you need to make one.
Make sure any letters you send are sent registered post.
Now, like I said, I don't know that much about PPI but soon someone will come along who does. It might be a good idea to look at the forum for successes for claiming PPI, that might fortify you a bit.
All the best,
Gale
Littlewoods £457 requested CCA 30.11.07
As at 30/11/07!
Successfully reclaimed charges from Barclaycard, A+L in my sights now.
All debts interest free now!0 -
Thanks to you both. I didn't sleep a wink last night worrying about all this ! :mad:
I am going to take your advice and ring the original company tomorrow morning with regards to the PPI. I have spent all weekend reading the PPI threads. It seems as though we were deffo missold it, i just can't see them admitting it without a fight. The fight i am ready for its just these bullies at the debt collection company that are getting me in such a flap. What kind of person would work for these people !
Thanks again, im now going to make that cuppa and hopefully get some sleep !0 -
Hi there.
First of all stop worrying.I know it sounds easier said than done but you are in good company here.1st of all write to DLC asking them to send you a copy of the original credit agreement (they will not have it),This must be sent to you within 12 days.ALSO YOU MUST INCLUDE IN THE LETTER THAT YOU DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE DEBT.If this goes the same way as all the other cases they shall then,after a while pass the debt onto another firm called Ruthbridge LTD.Ruthbridge are just debt collectors and have no LEGAL POWER WHATSOEVER,regardless of what they tell you.Also do not discuss anything further over the phone with them,Insist all comunications must be in writing.Take a look at these pages and it will tell you what happens once the debt goes to ruthbridge,it will make you feel much better and you may even smile:rotfl: .
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/74305-ruthbridge-ltd.html
http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk/archive/index.php?t-42771.html
Also do a google search on the words "ruthbridge help" as Ruthbridge is normally thier last desperate attempt,and they are pathetic at best.They cannot enforce any debt without producing the original credit agreement and they do not have it or they would have told you so.Also contact our original credit firm as they are probably in breach of the data protection act 1988 AND the consumer credit act 1974 by passing on your data to DLC without your permission as you did not give your permission when taking out the agreement for them to pass on any data to a third party which maybe unfair or damaging to you so they will be in breach of thier license and can be reported and fined for this as they maybe in breach of thier license.IF THEY CONTINUE TO PHONE YOU WRITE TO THEM AND TELL THEM TO STOP AS THIS IS HARRASMENT AND AGAINST THE TERMS OF THIER LICENSE.Also your local citizens advice will have a debt advisor and he may act for you in this matter.This will make DLC RUN A MILE:T
So to sum it up.DO NOT WORRY.I have been there and all will be fine.CHEER UP!!!!!!!:j0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards