We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lloyds Tsb

Sorry I haven't been around much lately.

Things are going ok with my self dmp. I have had had acceptances from nearly all of the company's I have debts with, 2 of them have even frozen interest - Capital One and Argos. Most of the others have agreed to the reduced payments but are still adding interest.

I have an agreement with Lloyds tsb for my loan. I was due to start paying the reduced payments at the begining of October by Standing Order. Lloyds never gave me their sort code and account number that I thought I needed to give to my bank to set up the Standing order. I phoned Lloyds and they still said that I didn't need their sort code and account number, just my Loan Reference number. I went to the bank and they refused to set it up without the above info.

I phoned Lloyds again and explained the situation and they apologised and gave me the info I needed and restarted that agreement so it started in November. I set up a Standing order for 21st November to cover for the missed payment in November (due 5th) and also for the money to go out on the 1st of the month from December (i allowed extra days for the money to get to them in time).

I recieved a phone call from lloyds a little while and sopke to an abrupt bloke. I explained everything to him and also gave him the name of the man I spoke too last week who reset the agreement for me. The bloke who I spoke to today wouldn't listen to be and demanded October's payment, I said that the agreement had been reset - he didn't believe me as there was no record of it on my account - I agued with him and said there was nothing I could do as the Standing orders had already been set up, he put the phone down on me (they only have my mobile number - I will not give them my home number).

I feel very angry. I know that if I get any more calls from them I will cancel my Standing Order and they will get nothing. They haven't stopped interest and are still charging interest dialy and I have a feeling that my payments will not even touch the interest they will charge for not paying the full amount.


I know that planning to stop the standing order if I get any more hassle it probably not the best thing to do, but I would rather it get passed on to a debt collector and have the interest stopped that way ( if that happens), even a ccj would be less hassle then this.

I am giving them one more chance and if they still will not listen then whats the point.

Comments

  • Hi

    I understand what you are going thru with Lloyds TSB and their customer service, which is shocking. Just ran the gauntlet of their collections centre.

    Bear with it; keep asking to speak to the next person in the chain of command and make sure you keep details of names / times etc and then take it to their customer recovery team.

    Problem they've got is half their business is in India, so it's truly a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand's doing..............;)
  • Leixlip1
    Leixlip1 Posts: 372 Forumite
    I've gone through the same thing and have ended up taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Lloyds have apologised once and paid me £100 compensation but they still continue to say I haven't paid them despite the fact all my payments sit in my "old" bank account (I now bank elsewhere but make payments to my still live old account). This is now the 9th month they have done nothing. I've given up worrying and just keep paying and await the Ombudsmans verdict.
  • Sounds like im not the only one having problems with the collection department - or should i say no collection department..... i struggled to get 1.5k together to get a default removed which just appeared and i never had any warning of.

    First cheque took 3 weeks to get there and typically i cancelled it the day after if arrived because they had not bothered to inform me it had been received even though i phone them every few days!!!!

    now my second cheque arrived 23rd october and they query how i know that.... (er recorded delivery anyone????) Can't pay them by card they can't do that can't pay into LLoyds Tsb so i found after 2 hrs of trying even though they gave me an account number for head office????

    what do to :(
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • rayday2
    rayday2 Posts: 3,960 Forumite
    Lloyds are appalling one hand does not know the other exists, bit late now but for future reference only communicate to them in writing. Its what I do then I throw letters back at them with dates and references when one department makes out nothing exists etc. Also what is not too late stick a formal complaint in and tell them the time and number who called you and report him very rude for putting the phone down on you, you may owe them money but you are still a customer!
  • i think they are all monkeys
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • rayday2
    rayday2 Posts: 3,960 Forumite
    How dare you insult a monkey!

    Monkies can peel there own bananas! :p
  • They still have not cashed my cheque :(
    Official DFW Nerd number 227
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!!!!
  • lloyds are a disgrace.

    its took me since april thats 8months for they to acnowledge and accept my d.m.p. they didnt hassle me at all which i thought was weird. they only started calling near the end when a man wanted to know when i will pay my arrears as i was over my overdraft. i went down his throat and kicked off say i am on a d.m.p etc etc he said when was this and when i said april he nearly appologised and left me alone. its took loadsa letters from c.a.b (that some whet missing) and when they did reply it was a bog standard letter and if we didnt like it it would be a complaint to the obudsmen (which we have)

    anyway how did they solve it?

    they increased my overdraft from 6k to 6230.00 (to cover they interest getting charged) and im paying 73.00 and getting 90-95.00 interest charges. and they will review this is 6 months. althought they say they HAVE STOPPED interest from 1/11/07 (will know in dec when charges would be due)

    anyone sucessfully had charges stopped from lloyds?
    Light Bulb moment - april 2007
    total owed was £20'863.93 / now £0
    loan (A+L)was £2'670.96 / now PAID IN FULL PPI claimed and recieved
    overdraft(LLOYDS) owed £6'314.10/ now PAID IN FULL
    LOAN (N/ROCK)owe £12'672.00 / now PAID IN FULL - debt free date 2013
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 617
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lloyds one of my creditors, in fact I banked with them for over 20 years. Changed bank account when I started DMP, have not received any acknowledgment from them re: Loan and overdraft I have with them. They accepted that I'm having financial difficulities and are dealing directly with DMC. They have not stopped any charges but accept DMP. I'm a bit worried really as I think things with them are a little too smooth, awaiting the axe to fall!
    Long Hauler No: 51
    DMP Mutal Support Thread No: 207
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DFD - June '13, aiming for December '12
  • HHH_2
    HHH_2 Posts: 442 Forumite
    LLoyds are absolutely dreadful. I had huge problems with them over a period of 8 months. I only got replies to my letters, calls, once i started to register my letters. as someone else has said they dont communicate within their various departments.Eventually I got nearly £17,000 back from them but I could have got more had I had the energy to take them to court for miss selling my loan. Dont let them intimidate you, if you know you're right stick to your guns. One tactic which works sometimes is to tell them you are recording the telephone conversation, at least then usually they are polite!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.