PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wish your son every success in his new career. A lovely post LL.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LL I totally understand your maternal pride.

Congratulations
    to your son on achieving his career change after all of his efforts. Very well deserved :j:D
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's fab news about your Son LL .Wish he lived near me :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes for my son. He's like a dog with two tails. :rotfl: his girlfriend is chuffed too. Bless her she has been so supportive, encouraging him and boosting him all along the way.

He was the classic need experience to get a job but can't get experience without the job. Catch 22. All he needed was someone to give him a chance, someone to just open a door. He will do the rest. I know he will work hard and be a success. They won't regret giving him a leg up.

They are off to Ibiza on Wednesday to see some DJ or other and he'll be able to enjoy it so much more knowing that he's sorted.

He says when they get back we are going to celebrate and party like it's 1999. :rotfl:

I'm on chauffeur/tour guide duty this weekend, taking the Venezuelan lot sightseeing. Off to Carsington water today.

Hot, hot, hot already. Just their kind of weather. :rotfl:
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely news LL. I’m so pleased for your son
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Folks,

LL Congrats to your son! Well done!

We are back from our hols in India. A proper adventure, and so many champagne moments on a lemonade budget! (Not many involving alcohol, as it is very expensive in India :rotfl:).

Today I needed some shopping, as the lads had depleted the stores....

DH and I headed to the shops with a list, money off coupons and cash back quests......As a reward, we stopped off at Caffè Nero for 2 for 1 iced drinks courtesy of O2. The lovely young man who served us, made too much, so gave us the excess in a take away cup. We took it home for DS2.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine....only one degree cooler than Mumbai! :cool:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Just popping in to say "Congratulations" re your son LL :T:T

How proud you must be and just shows the old adage is so true.

"If at first you don't succeed ......try...try again."
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Brilliant news about your son, LL and very well deserved after all his efforts :T

Champagne moments over the past few days include a long phone chat with our DS on his birthday (Friday) :D He, his partner and their baby daughter live in Brighton (while we're in SW Wales) so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like, but we do make time for catching up at least once a fortnight. Got to hear all about their recent champagne moments too - including picking up a pair of vintage Liberty sofas for their newly purchased house for £300 :j

The previous day DH and I visited an inspirational walled garden that also sells home grown plants at very reasonable prices. We've been several times since moving to Wales and always come away with something unusual for our developing garden and this time was no exception!

Later we popped into Ikea for some much needed shoe storage.... definitely lemonade prices as always ;)

Yesterday we worked in the garden although it was rather hot, but managed to find time for a few champagne moments in what are rapidly becoming a series of outdoor rooms. The walled courtyard for lunch, then later as it grew unbearably hot there and we needed to cool off after our labours, in the garden proper beneath the shady, ancient apple tree with views over the rose beds enjoying a glass of wine and a slice of pecan pie and ice cream :)

Another sunny day here, so planning more time outdoors (when DH returns from sauntering round a car boot sale!) - hopefully there'll be time for a few more champagne moments along the way including a salad lunch alfresco, although my plans include lifting and shifting some heavy galvanised troughs that are being repurposed as planters which doesn't sound very 'champagne', lol......hopefully the results will be though!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • mrs_slapshot
    Options
    Champagne moments for me over the last few days are my block paved drive being jetwashed by my son (took him 4 days...but at least he did it with no complaints!), and me finishing it off with weedkiller and sanding it last night. Took my total step count to over 20K for the day ( :eek: )and saved me a packet!

Have also sold some stuff on eBay, and taken absolutely loads to the charity shop. The garage is slowly (very slowly...) getting cleared.

Had a trip to the shops yesterday and bought myself some skincare on offer, so did a little pamper evening last night. Also bought some new makeup from Primarni and watched some YouTube tutorials.

Had coffee in the garden this morning on my sofa (cut price from Aldi last year), sorted out my freezer and about to meal plan for this week. Got plenty of food in the freezer and cupboards so only planning to buy fresh food this week.

Hope the weather is good wherever you are - enjoy your day!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Yesterday we worked in the garden although it was rather hot, but managed to find time for a few champagne moments in what are rapidly becoming a series of outdoor rooms. The walled courtyard for lunch, then later as it grew unbearably hot there and we needed to cool off after our labours, in the garden proper beneath the shady, ancient apple tree with views over the rose beds enjoying a glass of wine and a slice of pecan pie and ice cream :)

Ooh, I've only had pecan pie once.:)

Also bought some new makeup from Primarni and watched some YouTube tutorials.

I like watching YouTube tutorials, you can learn some interesting things on there!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback