Self Employment Question

Options
13»

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But in summary - the O/P's other half is (for whatever reason) happy to willfully burn money every month through poor business management.

To me getting in to debt to attempt to ramp up another business to make money to offset that gross negligence is frankly crazy....

"Theres holes in my pockets so when i put money in its dropping out the bottom and i'm losing £500 a month"

"Ok, no problem i'll start a business that will hopefully make £500 a month so you can continue to not bother to fix the holes in your pockets"
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    But in summary - the O/P's other half is (for whatever reason) happy to willfully burn money every month through poor business management.

To me getting in to debt to attempt to ramp up another business to make money to offset that gross negligence is frankly crazy....

"Theres holes in my pockets so when i put money in its dropping out the bottom and i'm losing £500 a month"

"Ok, no problem i'll start a business that will hopefully make £500 a month so you can continue to not bother to fix the holes in your pockets"

100% agree with you here.

And in your other posts I don't think we are a million miles away in agreement. In truth, a family member of mine owns a business which can be considered "declining" too but in truth there is *some* money left in it by virtue of it being a CURRENT (not VHS, though you could potentially make money on them too) product. It is hard, and they've had their own challenges with suppliers tightening the screws a bit, but there's still a living in it.

In contrast, OP seems to be mired in problems and hard to tell if:

1. They have the drive to put in what is likely A LOT of initial hard work before they realise a profit

2. The wider money issues are going to have a detrimental effect, and thus need addressing before undertaking such a commitment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure