We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Statement of finance allowances and......
Rossj_82
Posts: 6 Forumite
Hey everyone, new to the site, was just wondering if anyone could tell me or link me in to what are general allowances ie med care, eye care clothing etc etc that you can put in a financial statement to a credito????
Many thanks in advance
Also I was thinking of making an offer to pay off one of my debts in one payment, I was wondering if anyone knew how making an offer that is not the full amount but to be a total amount would work? I am currently payin £1 on an interest frozen debt of around £1500 and what would bea reasonable offer to clear that amount of debt?
Ross :beer:
Many thanks in advance
Also I was thinking of making an offer to pay off one of my debts in one payment, I was wondering if anyone knew how making an offer that is not the full amount but to be a total amount would work? I am currently payin £1 on an interest frozen debt of around £1500 and what would bea reasonable offer to clear that amount of debt?
Ross :beer:
0
Comments
-
to a certain extent what amounts you are allowed in an SOA (statement of affairs) depends on your personal circumstances. I would suggest you go and look on either Payplan or CCCS's website, as they may have general figures on there. The web addresses are at the top of the forum.
Regarding a one off payment. I would suggest you offer a low starting percentage, and then haggle. They may or may not go for it depending on the age of the debt. You should also make the offer in writing and send it recorded delivery to ensure that you know it has been received. Finally it is also usual to make clear, that this is a one time offer, ie that you are not regularly going to be coming into the sum of money offered.
hope that helps
chevI want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards