Waspi trying to maximise state pension

Options
13»

Comments

• Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll only be able to pay up to and including full financial year April 2021/April 2022.

ADD: Before someone picks me up on it, DWP may accept your payments from April 2022 to October 2022 - but they won't add a further penny to your State pension.

Crooks, they accepted £740 from me when they knew I was due a credit for that year.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,841 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Either Kidmugsy and I have been to the same hospital recently or someone walking about with the tea trolley is more common than you might think.

I suspect it's quite common, but often carried out by volunteers rather than paid employees
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,841 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    Crooks, they accepted £740 from me when they knew I was due a credit for that year.

If that is the case, you should be able to get your payment back - someone on this board has certainly managed to in the past, although I can't remember how they went about it (and being pedantic, I believe it's HMRC that deal with the payments, not DWP - which is why they may not be immediately aware that you are being creditted via DWP) .
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    If that is the case, you should be able to get your payment back - someone on this board has certainly managed to in the past, although I can't remember how they went about it (and being pedantic, I believe it's HMRC that deal with the payments, not DWP - which is why they may not be immediately aware that you are being creditted via DWP) .
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes I got the money back after a letter and a couple of phone calls.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]But I only knew I was due a credit from a poster on this forum. My state pension forecast and a letter I received both said 2017/18 was a year which needed to be paid for.[/FONT]
  • Triumph13
    Triumph13 Posts: 1,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    cross posted
  • Terron
    Terron Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Either Kidmugsy and I have been to the same hospital recently or someone walking about with the tea trolley is more common than you might think.

I have seen such people in my local hospital, but I don't know whether they are employed or volunteers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure