Mag dailies video probs AGAIN!

Options

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you! I will do that tomorrow!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • BlueBella
    Options
    I find it strange how some eg Good Housekeeping comps can submit straight away and others either don't load the video and stay blank and load the video and force you to watch it!? I hate entering the mag dailies now and only enter to win the prizes I really like because they take so long!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Greenfingers3
    Options
    I downloaded this tab resize split screen lay out and you can play four at a time. It plays the tabs from the right hand side so use it on the fourth tab from the right.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-resize-split-screen-l/bkpenclhmiealbebdopglffmfdiilejc
  • BlueBella
    Options
    I have given up trying to enter the mags this morning as the videos won't even load up! I tried to refresh the pages and turn the user mobile agent app off then on again but nothing worked! They used to be fine a few months ago and I have not changed any setting on my laptop so the sites must have made some changes! I think I will be giving up on them alltogether shortly!
  • Lesgo
    Lesgo Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Among all the other problems I find all the Good Housekeeping prize pictures are so large you can't see what the prize is without opening or hovering the cursor over each one . Only on Good Housekeeping though , all other Mag Dailies are ok - perhaps it's just me ?

Roll on the Advents :j:j , think I'll give Mag Daily a rest then .
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 December 2018 at 9:14AM
    Options
    In FF you can set the browser to not auto play the videos, I have found this skips the adverts as if you were using an ad blocker.

how to turn off HTML5 autoplay

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.
    (2) In the search box above the list, type or paste autop and pause while the list is filtered
    (3) Double-click the media.autoplay.enabled preference to switch the value from true to false (or from a 0 to 1)

I always have to type autop, pasting don't work for me!

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1141200
  • BlueBella
    Options
    Thanks but I use Chrome x
  • mclarkie
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    Thanks but I use Chrome x
    Poor you :D

I can't say if this will work as I use a sensible browser, but try this.

2. Disable autoplay on your desktop

Just like with Chrome for Android, the desktop version will eventually get the same type of controls in the settings menu. Until then, you’ll have to use Chrome’s flags to disable autoplaying videos.
    First, copy and paste ‘chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy‘ into Google Chrome’s URL bar. This will take you directly to a Chrome flag that you can be changed.
    The Autoplay policy should be set to Default when you load the page. You’ll need to set the drop box option box to Document user activation is required so that you have to approve any video to play on a website.
    Lastly, you’ll need to click on the blue Relaunch Now button found at the bottom of the page. This will restart the Chrome browser and activate the change.

https://9to5google.com/2018/02/15/how-to-disable-autoplay-videos-chrome/
  • BlueBella
    Options
    Thanks mclarkie! I have done that and hope for the best when I go to enter the (grits teeth) mag dailies tomorrow! :)
  • mclarkie
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    Thanks mclarkie! I have done that and hope for the best when I go to enter the (grits teeth) mag dailies tomorrow! :)

Hope it works for you. you could test it out on one you don't normally enter before tomorrow to see if you'd got the settings right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure