Professionally Written CV

Options
Just thought I would pre warn anyone having their CV professionally written. I had mine done by Lee Jones at Taylors-CVS, it was the gold service.
The CV was late, and when I emailed to ask where it was I was told it had been sent (this is a trend)
The CV had typos, additional spelt Addioanal among others
The margins not set correctly (Response "The 2nd bullet point does fit on the page, I admit that it does extend a bit further than the other sentences however I have re-aligned this one point for you.")
LinkedIn profile written too long.

Before you part with many cash, if you still want to, read the guarantee very carefully. I suppose Trading Standards may also be interested
Their response to my TrustPilot review was that I was a liar

After an email conversation where Cecilia Richardson told me she was brutal, I had this response

Hi there Sean,

Our complaints policy is located within our Terms and Conditions.
All calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
I will no longer be communicating with you, we will have a formal response sent directly to your address.

Have a lovely day.

Cecelia Richmond

Note the all calls are recorded, I've opened a case with the ICO because they don't mention that in their privacy policy or when they call you

Note we will no longer be communicating with, guess that will be the end of my unlimited updates and CV satisfaction guarantee, again Trading Standards?

There must be some protection against these cowboys?

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All professional CV writing services are a waste of money. Nobody knows you better than yourself so they won't be able to do a better job than you can. Plus employers will always want a CV that is written by the applicant themselves whenever possible.

Why didn't you just write it yourself? I've just looked and you paid £199.99 for them to basically fill in a template with your information!!!
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The ONLY time to pay to have your CV checked is when buying a drink for a friend who's doing it.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Peachy1 wrote: »
    The CV had typos, additional spelt Addioanal among others

That's quite the typo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing