Time to clear my only debt, the mortgage

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
12 replies 1.9K views
2»

Replies

• I got my expenseses back which was a welcome £360. I’ve decided to take the plunge and get a credit card to cover my expenses each month so it’s not comming out of my current account as the £360 was only for 2 weeks!

I must have a wonderful credit rating as I got accepted within minutes and given a £5200 credit limit but I should never need more than £1000.

I finished reading the early retirement extreme book. Very eye opening and has encouraged me more to work on a second income. I think any left over funds each month will be put into my stocks and shares isa to tick up.

One other bonus to this job is the hire car. As I keep getting different models I am starting to get to trial cars I would never bother with. Adds a little excitement never knowing what model I am getting each week.
    Mortgage start of 2019 = £87641.56
    Overpayments 2019 = £1000
  • Another month down and another £500 overpaid. I actually ended up with a good dilemma to be in. I had a bit of money left over and I couldn’t decide wether or not to add it to mortgage.

On one hand the goal is to overpay but equally it presented an opportunity for a little investment for a second income which is a long term goal of mine. In the end I decided to put it into some income funds. As long I stick to my guns with the over payments I will reduce the amount I owe on my mortgage by 10%!

Also had a letter come through saying the mortgage is ending in 6 months on my fixed term. Hoping I can get a nice deal and maybe improve on the terms I have already. Need to sort that soon
    Mortgage start of 2019 = £87641.56
    Overpayments 2019 = £1000
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs