Can Argos refuse to send me letters?..

I have a catalogue with Argos and gave them an offer to pay £1 a month and asked them to freeze the interest. I received a phone call today saying they can accept a payment of £5 but they can't freeze the interest which is £10.50 a month, so paying a fiver will just pay half the interest. I said i'll only agree to this if they freeze the interest and it is in writing. The women on the phone said they don't have to send out a letter i just need to send the £5 a month..but i want a letter to confirm this..they said they are not legally obliged to :confused:

I said in the County Courts judges will always freeze interest anyway, but they said it won't get to court for months and in the meantime i will have hundreds of their interest added before it gets to that stage.. :mad:

What do i do? I'm waiting for a creditor to take me to court to get a CCJ against me in order for me to apply for an Administration Order..

If Argos does add all this extra interest will the Judge knock it off my arrears? :confused:

Comments

• Malestrom
    Malestrom Posts: 983 Forumite
    Put it in writing, send it recorded delivery and state that you will only accept written correspondence from them. In the meantime, continue paying the £1pm. If it ever did go to court, then you should have something to back up your claim that they were treating your offer of repayment unfairly.
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    I'll send it first thing tomorrow morning :beer: thanks :rolleyes:
  • feefee_3
    feefee_3 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Dont get me started with ARGOS never ever got a bill from them waited then called them, yes can you make a payment just now your being took to court friday pay bill in full on friday never using argos again
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport