We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Being made redundant
[Deleted User]
Posts: 0
Newbie
Hi all,
I found out yesterday that the company I work for is closing the department I work in along with the same department in other offices around the country next year as early as April.
In a way it will save us some money as my wage pays for the childminder and the loan on my car which only has a year left to run, but I am a bit frustrated as we are looking to move rather shortly.
I am fairly good at juggling money about despite owing a lot on two credit cards (£14,500) and our plan is that we will drop the childminder (she has lost interest in the kids anyway) and use what savings we have to pay my car off (£1500).
Is it easy (ish) to make money at home whilst running after two kids under 5? I have joined Ciao, freefivers, cashinco and a whole host of other sites and wondered if there is anything else that I can do that will help in the meantime.
Thanks,
Tea
x
I found out yesterday that the company I work for is closing the department I work in along with the same department in other offices around the country next year as early as April.
In a way it will save us some money as my wage pays for the childminder and the loan on my car which only has a year left to run, but I am a bit frustrated as we are looking to move rather shortly.
I am fairly good at juggling money about despite owing a lot on two credit cards (£14,500) and our plan is that we will drop the childminder (she has lost interest in the kids anyway) and use what savings we have to pay my car off (£1500).
Is it easy (ish) to make money at home whilst running after two kids under 5? I have joined Ciao, freefivers, cashinco and a whole host of other sites and wondered if there is anything else that I can do that will help in the meantime.
Thanks,
Tea
x
0
Comments
-
I'm sorry I can't help so far as earning at home is concerned but there are other threads.
Hopefully this will give the thread a bump for others to help.
Sorry to hear about the job.0 -
HI Tea...sorry to hear about the job loss...I don't know how easy it is to earn money at home but don't ever be tempted to pay any money up front if asked as they usually turn out to be cons...a lot do mystery shopping...there is a thread about increasing income somewhere on here though...so may be worth reading that..0
-
Hi Purpletea. I was made redundant in May (second time in my career!). I was already a researcher with AQA part time on top of my full time job (helped clear my debts) and decided to take the plunge and go full time rather than go back into the rat race again.
Here's the website http://www.63336.com if there aren't any vacancies for the UK keep checking as it changes fairly frequently.
You would need to register as self employed but that's really easy.
I'm earning £1100 a month, which is do-able if a bit of a chore some days. It pays the bills and puts food inthe cupboards and for now I'm happy to do it. The beauty of AQA is that you can work when you want and earn as much or as little as you like each month. I know there are other Mums who do it.
If you are made redundant, see it as an opportunity to stretch your wings and take a new direction. I know it is scary but you'll be fine.
"Stay Wonky":D
:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j0 -
how long have you been with them, as you might get a decent payout
i got made redundant over 3 years ago and it was one of the best things that happened to me, ended up changing industrys and now have less travel so was instantly saving money0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
