We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Debt-free at last!

2

Comments

  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,399
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    fantastic news!!!! well done :j :j :j :j :dance: :dance: :j :beer:
    Savings Total so far for 2026: £9490.38/£10,000
  • painted_lady
    painted_lady Posts: 1,020
    500 Posts
    Forumite
    Fantastic and congratulations. Any tips?
  • Well done I've cut my mortgage by 5 years by overpaying. Getting it rid of in 5 years is brilliant.
    Barclaycard 3800

    Nothing to do but hibernate till spring






  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Well done Andy - I can't even afford to look for a place in Edinburgh.

    Time to break out the appletise. And get plenty of ice - it'll help your cheeks when they start to hurt from grinning so much.

    Congratulations mate.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

    Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

    Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • sammiboo
    sammiboo Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    That is fabulous!!!!

    This month will be my first ever mortgage payment, so i think i have a long way before I can post i am in the same position. I think i will be very very old and very very wrinkly first!!! :o
    March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
    Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%
  • That is quite frankly amazing! Well bloody done! :beer: (I think you deserve a few).
    ...I like my coffee black, just like my metal!
    Proud member no. 15 of the [strike]asylum[/strike]
    night owl thread
    ...And officially mad over Doctor Who & David Tennant!
  • Many thanks to you all for your kind messages of congratulation and support; to repay your compliments I will as requested post some "pearls of wisdom" as to how I achieved my goals, once I've taken a breather to reflect and take stock of my new situation.

    Best wishes,

    Andy
  • amjack
    amjack Posts: 20 Forumite
    Congratulations!! That's amazing, you must be so proud of yourself.
    :T:beer::j:T:beer::j
  • 115K
    115K Posts: 2,678
    Part of the Furniture
    Forumite
    Congratulations.:beer:
    HOUSE MOVE FUND £16,000/ £19,000
    DECLUTTERING 2015 439 ITEMS
    “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    :T :T

    can I borrow some of your now freed up money?

    Well done mate.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.