Spam EMail?

Options
2»

Comments

• deb2112
    deb2112 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    I had something similar a couple of months ago although no passwords or anything mentioned and it was less detailed if I remember rightly. You can understand vulnerable people getting worried though. I had a full week of the TalkTalk phone scam the week before last. 5 or 6 times a day the phone would ring and on answering I'd get an automated voice telling me it was TalkTalk (I'm not a TalkTalk customer) and they were going to shut down my internet that day. Then they gave two options: press one to connect to TalkTalk to sort the problem or 2 to disconnect the internet now. Now my mother-in-law, who is elderly, would be scared to death by that.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've had this twice and lots of friends have.

Not in my comping email but my everyday one that got caught up in the Adobe compromise.

No password mentioned and I don't have a webcam.

My computer is not infected and nothing happened because I ignored it.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I found two emails in my spam folder like this. They quoted two different passwords for my email address and none of them are like any that I have ever used.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • Rosiemurphy
    Options
    yes I had this and it scared me into changing all my passwords. Apparently they have gained access to old passwords but still find it quite worrying
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure