I a

Options
2»

Comments

• Matesy
    Matesy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It’s ok we r seeking professional help I thought this was a forum to help people just found it hard to actually come out about it . I suppose I am sensitive but just think some replies would put people off many thanks anyway
  • Matesy
    Matesy Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It’s ok I thought I would just ask for advice but to be honest Iit has put me off posting anything . Thanknu anyway as we will seek the help we need many thanks
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,966 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 October 2018 at 11:12PM
    Options
    No one is judging you, i don’t know why you would say that, it’s just a simple fact that until you post an SOA no one can give you constructive advice, you say you don’t want to do that, and you are talking to stepchange, so at least your doing that, good luck, I hope things work out for you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Matesy wrote: »
    I know llona it has gone up but to be honest I thought by coming onto this forum was to get advice not to be judged. I feel bad enough and embarrassed. I thought this forum was a way of talking to people who have been through it . We have been chatting to people that can help And not judge

No-one has judged you.

But no-one can help you until they know your situation. An soa presents that in a structured way. We could ask 20 questions and wait for you to give 20 answers but an soa does that in one move and gets you accurate advice faster.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    No one is judging you Matesy, what I said is simple fact. Thousands of people come on here asking for advice, some will take it on board and act on it, some will ignore the advice and continue as they always have done, but not make any headway with their debt busting.

If you find it difficult to talk to strangers on here, maybe face to face with a professional would be the answer, or on a one to one basis on the phone. But please choose a charity like Stepchange, Christians Against Poverty, or National Debtline, or Citizens Advice. On no account contact a fee charging company who will rip you off. Advice can be found free, do not pay for it.

No matter what you think of us on here, we want to help you, but to do that we need a clearer picture to start with. The charities I mention will all want a Statement of Affairs, your situation cannot be resolved without it.

I wish you well, whichever route you choose.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed, no one here knows who you are. So it is not likely you are going to get funny looks from your neighbours after posting here. In fact a lot of people have been in worse positions than you. £50k sounds like a lot of money but it is a relative amount to your income- If you income is £25k it is double, if it is £100k it is half. Same amount of money different impact to you.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure