Aldi Dolce Gusto compatible pods anywhere?

Having realised that a Tassimo machine wouldn't take any generic discs, I sold it and got a Nescafe Dolce Gusto one, not realising that it takes the bigger pods rather than the wee ones.
I wasn't worried because according to the Web, Aldi (my supermarket of choice) do compatible ones which get great reviews. But I can't find any in any of the stores anywhere near me.
I'm using a cheaper version from Asda and tried some from Lidl but I don't like any of them really.
Does anyone know if Aldi have a way of ordering online and picking up in store? I suspect not, but am ever the optimist.

If not, I will resell this one and find a wee pod one on ebay or schpock. I did buy the first one for £3 and sold it at a tenner profit so I could buy the dolce gusto, so hopefully can do the same again if need be.
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D:D

Comments

• greyfox
    greyfox Posts: 482
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cornucopia wrote: »

Sadly not. Those are Nespresso compatible (the "wee pods") not Dolce Gusto. I've never seen the latter in Aldi.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,146
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I sense a world of coffee-pod pain that I hadn't previously been aware of. :(
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,123
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Must say I’ve had many Nespresso pods from Aldi but never seen the Dolce ones in there.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Looks like I may have to change the coffee machine again! On Aldi''s website they very clearly show the dolce gusto compatible ones but not in the store.

Which is the type of machine that I need for the wee capsules? So that I get the right one at the third try! Think goodness that I've only spent a total of £11 so far on both machines!
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The Nespresso machines are the ones that take the small pods. Apparently when Nestle created the Nespresso machines they didn't copyright the pods which is why you can buy loads of generic versions for that machine. When they brought out the Dolce Gusto machine they did copyright the pods, which is why it's much harder to find generic pods that fit that machine.

I only know this as I have a relative who has a Dolce Gusto machine and is forever moaning about the lack of alternative pods. Apparently you can also buy refillable pods which are much greener than the normal ones, which can't be recycled.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Nespresso did patent the capsules but patents only last for X number of years and the patent has now expired hence the numerous generic pods available.
  • Maybe it's just me, but why buy a coffee machine that takes a certain thing. Then scream and bawl for fake ones. HELLO?
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,725
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I have a dulce gusto, I didn’t think/know anyone did compatible pods.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Asda and Lidl both do compatible pods. I just don't particularly like any of them much which is why I want a machine that takes the Aldi ones as they come out well in reviews.

As for the question of why you would buy a machine then look for 'fake pods'; I love a good machine coffee but would prefer to pay £2.69 per box rather than £4 every time. Simple money saving.
    The Tassimo pods were lovely but expensive which is probably why I picked my machine up for £3. Not realising that there were no compatible pods as they all have a bar code.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport