Is all online supermarket shopping the same?

2»

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I've used Tesco, Sainsburys & Iceland - the latter was the least helpful driver. I took advantage of the opening offer, and haven't used them since.
    The Iceland one was when I was waiting for new glasses and illegal to drive. My nearest local Iceland store is quite small, so I'd find it hard to get to £25.00!
    One advantage with Tesco over Sainsburys and especially Morrisons is the extra departments available e.g. easy to add a Cd, or ink-jet printer inks.

I think for one GHS would be hard to reach the minimum amount.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've used most of them and would say Ocado or Waitrose are the best. That said, Ocado did go through a very rough patch a few months ago in my area but that seems to have been sorted out now. I've yet to try Morrisons but it seems they are using Ocado's software so I'd hope their service is of a similar quality - if it is they will be a good bet as their prices tend to be better than Ocado's.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I use Tesco every week, never had problems. I'd agree that it would be useful to have an email after picking to tell me what's been sub'd or unavailable, but I can live with that.

My Mum uses Ocado every couple of weeks, again she's never had problems.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    A._Badger wrote: »
    I've used most of them and would say Ocado or Waitrose are the best. That said, Ocado did go through a very rough patch a few months ago in my area but that seems to have been sorted out now. I've yet to try Morrisons but it seems they are using Ocado's software so I'd hope their service is of a similar quality - if it is they will be a good bet as their prices tend to be better than Ocado's.

Not only do they use the same software, but they also use the same warehouses, and have the same cashback deal on returned carriers. I use both, depending on what is on offer or if I want something only one sells and have no problems with either.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure