Dental work abroad

Options
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a dental clinic abroad where I could get some work done on my teeth. I have heard good reports about dental clinics in Hungary but there is so much information online all promising the earth. If someone has experience of getting dental work done abroad I would welcome any recommendations.

Thanks
Val :)

Comments

• happyandcontented
    Options
    brook2jack wrote: »
    Spam reported

Why is this Spam?
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The spam post was probably a reply that was then deleted.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I'd heard great things about Hungary but one day I was talking to a relative who had work done there and she was far from happy. Put me off, not that I was likely to do it anyway but if the conditions had been right I might have considered it.
  • EmilyRoss
    Options
    Hi,

I would probably choose France, as a lot of my relatives went there for dental implants and other work related. Of course, the prices there are quite high... There is a fine page I found recently where you can check the prices of various surgeries abroad. You can check them by yourself. It's Surgeryprice.co.uk (as there is not allowed to post a link, but I find it valuable).

Wish you all the best!
  • LandM1
    LandM1 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm! Depends what it is. Def not implants. I have these and have had to revisit my dentist numerous times over the three years I've had them for minor but important issues. How could you do that if you had the work done abroad???
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had my implants done in a hospital in Elche Spain. That was 4 years ago, and I haven't any regrets at all, I was delighted at the treatment I received. What I would say is perhaps it is better having any procedure like that done closer to home, good luck anyway
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure