Paymentshield mppi

2»

Comments

• Leaving the misselling aside, i am also trying to get my mortgsge paid since being made redundant. To claim i need to either be made redundant, claim as a carer or unemployed on jsa. I have been made redundant and am a carer as stated above but they are saing i didnt leave work to care although i had been caring and struggling caring with my job for several years. As i also have stated I didn’t know i could claim jsa with my redundancy payout but was unwell for 3 minths and not really legally available for work anyway. I want to concentrate on my caring which takes over my life but however i turn they are not paying my mortgage and this is the point my ombudsman is looking into, not the misselling, which i would be looking at if i could. I am only recieving carers benefit.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977
    First Post
    Forumite
    Without knowing the exact terms of your policy there’s not much one can say.

The success or failure of your case will hinge upon those policy terms and if they are considered onerous or not... from what you’ve said they seem pretty standard and as such are likely easily enforceable.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Leaving the mis selling aside, i am also trying to get my mortgage paid since being made redundant....

I don't think you can make a complaint that the policy was mis-sold and make a claim on the policy.
    To claim i need to either be made redundant, claim as a carer or unemployed on jsa. I have been made redundant and am a carer as stated above but they are saing i didnt leave work to care although i had been caring and struggling caring with my job for several years. As i also have stated I didn’t know i could claim jsa with my redundancy payout but was unwell for 3 minths and not really legally available for work anyway. I want to concentrate on my caring which takes over my life but however i turn they are not paying my mortgage and this is the point my ombudsman is looking into, not the misselling, which i would be looking at if i could. I am only recieving carers benefit.

You were made redundant. So you didn't leave work to care for someone.

But what I think doesn't matter anyway. It's what the ombudsman thinks that matters. If it's in their hands, there isn't much point in canvassing for opinions.
  • antrobus wrote: »
    there isn't much point in canvassing for opinions.
    Indeed, especially since the OP has had similar answers to his or her dilemma since last July when she or he first posted about it here..
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,908
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    And it is also difficult to follow as the thread is about once provider then morphs into a different provider and not sure when each was sold or how and whether it is a claim or complaint.....
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure