House of Fraser to start issuing replacement gift cards - MSE News

Options
Some House of Fraser customers who had gift cards when the department store went into administration have today begun receiving letters telling them they will be issued with replacement e-vouchers, MoneySavingExpert can reveal...
Read the full story:
'House of Fraser to start issuing replacement gift cards'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Emsalu
    Options
    Hi, I haven't returned my gift card as yet (getting to a post office for recorded delivery when you work full time isn't easy!). Does this new development mean I should return it now?
  • Sonny2020
    Options
    Hi looking for advice. I have been given two postal addresses to send gift cards to, the store gave me Glasgow but on online posts I have seen London. Those people who have had a reply could you advise which address you sent them to please. Thanks.
  • Upwind
    Upwind Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi people,

Anyone else had any success regarding Gift Cards from House of Fraser. I sent mine in to the Glasgow office in mid September and haven't heard a dicky-bird since...
  • zoold
    zoold Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good Evening,

Do we know if the 31st October date stated in the letters sent to those who have already returned gift cards will apply to those who have not yet returned theirs?

I did not return my cards as was not sure what the outcome would be and have only seen the linked article today.

Hope I have not left it too late?
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In the letter it says sent back by 31st October, not received back by 31st so send it back tomorrow. You've got nothing to lose really.
  • noris
    noris Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 November 2018 at 7:51PM
    Options
    Please can anyone tell me the address to send the Giftcard to. Many thanks.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2018 at 8:31PM
    Options
    As I quoted my email address on original “claim” had an email today, saying within a few weeks ..
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    I thought I read somewhere they had to be sent back for 1st November.

I sent one in as soon as I heard and an email has come through saying within 2 weeks. A friend who got the same email the same day got her gift card email today. Mine still isn't through, but hopefully soon.
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got gift vouchers today sent through email of the value of the gift cards I've sent back in August. They can only be used online and by 31st Jan 2019.
  • tigerbob85
    Options
    purcel wrote: »
    Got gift vouchers today sent through email of the value of the gift cards I've sent back in August. They can only be used online and by 31st Jan 2019.

Likewise, I got this today (also needs to be used by 31st Jan 19) for an order I placed on the day Cashley took over and never received, AND a refund on the cash element.

Very unexpected! :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport