My thread about teeth sensitivity has disappeared.

Options
I started a thread yesterday about teeth sensitivity after dental work and it's disappeared. I asked Toothsmith a question and I looked last night to see if he had replied, checked again this morning and it's gone. I've looked at my profile and the posts I've done and it's not there either. Anyone know why it's gone?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it's considered to be asking medical advice then threads get removed.

So a " my fillings loose what should I do" would stay whereas a " should l stop taking / take antibiotics" would go
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Ms_Mop_123
    Options
    Oh thanks it may explain why then. I answered a post several months ago and that disappeared as well, probably for the same reason,

I only wanted to know really how long sensitivity could last for after dental treatment.
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Your thread was asking for very specific advice which couldn't really be given by anyone other than the dentist who did it.

A couple of people replied to it before I did - but all of us said you should contact your own dentist for an answer.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • Ms_Mop_123
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Toothsmith. I only want to know if sensitivity could last that long. I have tried to google it but read conflicting information. I read that it could last for a few days and if it went on for longer to contact your dentist and then I read that it could last for several weeks. I know that you and another dentist on here answer dental questions and give good advice so I decieded to ask. Didn't realise it was wrong to do this.

Since my initial post it's calmed down an awful lot, only happened twice today and it's now stopped moving about my mouth. A few weeks ago it was happening several times a day, so hopefully it will stop soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure