Full health check up

Options
Do any companies offer full health check up where they carry out various test on you? If so could anyone recommend a company?

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most of the private health companies will offer these at a price. Personally, I don't think they're a good idea, tests should be done for a reason rather than 'speculatively'
  • JEN22
    JEN22 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Options
    Bupa does this
  • Cyclizine
    Cyclizine Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A waste of time and money. Do twenty tests and one will be abnormal purely by chance. Random screening isn't effective and may even be harmful - most tests aren't disease = yes/no, but a spectrum of probability which might require more invasive tests. If you're concerned about something in particular, go and see your GP.
  • Jemima_FuddleCup
    Jemima_FuddleCup Posts: 454 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2018 at 3:22PM
    Options
    I can only think of BUPA, I think that's the one that people use for their pre-travel health checks, etc
    taking a self-enforced break from this forum due to the persistent and ongoing troll problem, and the systematic abuse of the report button system in order to get people/usernames banned
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can an NHS Health Check if you fall within the age range 40-74 https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nhs-health-check/.
    It's basic but well worth doing I think.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    If you're worried about something specific I would say go and see your GP.

If you are worried without reason, also go and see your GP to discuss your anxiety.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure