Cancelled train query

Options
Hi all,

Today I was meant to be selling stuff at the Malvern History Festival. Unfortunately my Oxford - Great Malvern train was cancelled due to a broken down train on a single stretch of track and when I told my boss I was told there wouldn't be any point in waiting for the next one as it would be too late so I'm out £200 of wages. (They sent someone else who was nearer)

Firstly, am I able to get a refund from GWR and is there any chance of compensation? My boss is paying for the hour I spent at the train station which is kind but I was really relying on this money :(

Tom

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    You can get a refund from GWR.

If you are an employee and your employer told you to start a shift, and you started it, your employer is probably still liable to pay your wages for the whole shift. You won't get it in compensation from the railway.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When you say wages do you mean commission on the sales that you were unable to make? As Owain has said, your wages are likely to be due anyway, but you've probably kissed goodbye to any chance of the missing commission, there's no chance of the TOC paying any consequential loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure