Broker Misrepresentation

Options
Stokey125
Stokey125 Posts: 671 Forumite
Can I ask for some views on this. Walker Hammond sent me a letter saying that I had acceptance in principle for a loan. I had to pay a fee in advance as according ot their literature they do not receive a fee from lenders. To cut a long story short I eventually got offered a loan for less than the amount that I had been accepted in principle for but I needed a guarantor. When I received the loan application form it should a payment to the broker of £300. As Walker Hammond state on their website that they do not receive any commission if this payment is in fact payable to Walker Hammond would I be able to reclaim it from them as they misrepresented the facts to me when I originally asked them to source a loan.

What do others think
As I am not the Pope or legally qualified I may be wrong so feel free to get a second opinion from a qualified person

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It will be documented as an admin and arrangement charge. The loan was arranged so why do you think you are entitled to get the admin charge back?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Stokey125
    Stokey125 Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    It will be documented as an admin and arrangement charge. The loan was arranged so why do you think you are entitled to get the admin charge back?

The question is not about the admin charge the question is if they fail to disclose that they will receive a commission and then receive a commission are they entitled to keep the commission
    As I am not the Pope or legally qualified I may be wrong so feel free to get a second opinion from a qualified person
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure