🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

p.p.i

Options
essexjim
essexjim Posts: 10 Forumite
Hi All,
First time on here so go easy. Like everyone else got into bad debts. In a payment plan with payplan at the moment but one bank / lender is putting a charge on my house. The question is had a loan with them repaid down to £3,533.98 toped up by £3,o66.02 add on £1,308.11 total £7,908.11 over 84 months = £16,770.60 plus handeling by lawers they now want £18,186.78. now the question can i claim back all the ppi from this loan and the previous loan as i won't be needing it.

Comments

• Former_MSE_Wendy
    Options
    Hi Jim

You can't just claim back ppi if you no longer need it, you need to have been missold the insurance. Read our article to see the reasons you can reclaim and if you fit into one of the categories give it a try.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Wendy
    *** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***
  • essexjim
    essexjim Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

Didn't quite explain my self but after reading the threads i need to explain a bit better so here goes. I took an £8000 loan out with marbles/hfc, paid off £4600 up until last nov with ppi in it which they told me i had to have. I was phoned last nov and ask if they could do anything for me and like a fool i topped up the loan by another £3,066.02 so the payments would n't be much more, they said that was all they could lend me but with the protection the payment would be another £33 more than the original £166. now from what i can gather they upped the loan by £3533.96 plus the protectin and i owed them £16,770.60.

After paying three monthly payments i lost my job but started a new one but earning less so could not pay all me debts got in touch with payplanwho are dealing with my debts,hfc have been the worst, they didn't want the payment payplan offered so took me to cc. they wanted £104 which i could not afford so am going for a variation order offering less. they have taken acharge against the house last week.
    My question is if the first loan from marbles had protection of a single premium and i didn't get a choice they have added another premuim and never gave me a choice, then am i entitled to cliam the first premuim back and also the second as the second is being taken and not protecting me as iits now a debt.

hope this makes sense now and i hope i can reduce this debt by claiming this money back.

regards jim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family