Thank you

Options
I just want to say thank you to all you 'experts' - I went bankrupt on 4th April 2007 and my bankruptcy was ended on 6th October after 7 years of worrying myself silly about all the credit problems. I am still left with a car loan with a shark to deal with and my student loans but at least things are now manageable. Without this site I am sure a lot of people would top themselves.

Comments

• jules23958
    Options
    oh, forgot to say BT are STILL trying to get their money from me and the Inland Revenue for tax credits but other than that everyone else has been silenced.
  • wok_boy
    wok_boy Posts: 759 Forumite
    Options
    Erm wouldn't your car loan have come under the BR?
    BR 4/10/07
    ED 11/04/08

BSC Member No 93
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi jules - it seems as though you are finally getting your life back - well done.

Hopefully you should be able to tell both BT and HMRC (inland Revenue) exactly where to go.

Good luck for the future.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Homework
    Homework Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    I thought Inland Revenue debt still had to be repaid - is it written off too?
  • Homework
    Homework Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    Good point, I thought there was something about overpayments not being written off but I think I must be thinking of CSA
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Homework wrote: »
    Good point, I thought there was something about overpayments not being written off but I think I must be thinking of CSA

Tax credit over-payments are complicated.

See: http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/freedomofinformation/technical/techmanvol1/Ch73-84/Chapter77/part7/Part7.htm
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • jules23958
    Options
    Blimey, I hope they don't come after me for that - it was one of my main reasons for going bankrupt - I was so livid that I should have to pay for something that I had requested help from their helpline with - then got penalised for having done so.
  • jules23958
    Options
    In response to the car loan - I was allowed to keep my car for work purposes but as it was on hire purchase I still have to continue to pay that sum regularly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure