Can I claim Halifax PPI ?

Options
I have recently checked my PPI on my Halifax loan which was taken out in joint names to discover that only one of us is covered. This of course would be useless if the other person was made redundant or had health issues. At the time of taking out the loan we cannot remember ever being told that this was the case or even being asked who we would like to have the cover. We were also led to believe that taking out the PPI would be beneficial in terms of our success of being accepted for the loan. We just assumed that because the loan was taken out jointly that we would both be covered as both our names appear on the loan agreement.
This loan was taken out to cover an existing loan that we had with Halifax which also had PPI on it, and the balance from the 2nd loan was used to pay the initial loan off, including the original PPI from the first loan.
I feel that we have been mis-sold the PPI for these loans on both occasions.

Is there any way that we can claim back what we have already paid, including the PPI paid for in the original loan?
Can someone please tell me if we are entitled to claim back the fees we have paid for the PPI and the 8% interest
Thank you

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family