cheapest item at argos

Options
I would like to purchase an item from argos and take advantage of the free delivery, unfortunately my item is priced at £49.99. Does anyone know what the cheapest item is to put me over the £50 needed to claim the free delivery.

Thanks in advance
They've got cars big as bars
They've got rivers of gold
But the wind goes right through you
It's no place for the old

Comments

• firemeup
    firemeup Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    How about a pack of batteries? Prices start at £2.49

HTH

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 748
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • chattycathyuk
    Options
    how about adding
    Shaver/Toothbrush Adaptor. cat no 9826986

£0.61p
  • thatgirlsam
    thatgirlsam Posts: 10,451 Forumite
    Options
    i donated 20p to charity to tip my purchase over £100 to get the £10 voucher today
    £608.98
    £80
    £1288.99
    £85.90
    £154.98
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    free delivery? is it an insurance policy, computer game or do you have a voucher? if it is one of the first two then adding anything else to your order may well cause the del charge to be added.

it does state in the Ts & Cs of the voucher offer that the £4.95 delivery charge does not count towards the £50 cut off. recently the tills had not been flagging this, and vouchers have still been going through. but every time we run the voucher offer the controls on the till get that little bit tighter.

also be aware that some items are store only items and cannot be added to a delivery - the till physically wont process it. if it will add the item on, then for anything like batteries/light bulbs/shaver adapter plugs then you will be offered a 48 hour del slot. this may well be different to the delivery slot you are offered on the main item you are order. it may be a 7am-6pm job, or they may be able to offer 7-12 or 12-6pm

just things to be aware of so that you can devise a plan B, just in case
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • satan666wayne
    Options
    free delivery? is it an insurance policy, computer game or do you have a voucher? if it is one of the first two then adding anything else to your order may well cause the del charge to be added.

it does state in the Ts & Cs of the voucher offer that the £4.95 delivery charge does not count towards the £50 cut off. recently the tills had not been flagging this, and vouchers have still been going through. but every time we run the voucher offer the controls on the till get that little bit tighter.

also be aware that some items are store only items and cannot be added to a delivery - the till physically wont process it. if it will add the item on, then for anything like batteries/light bulbs/shaver adapter plugs then you will be offered a 48 hour del slot. this may well be different to the delivery slot you are offered on the main item you are order. it may be a 7am-6pm job, or they may be able to offer 7-12 or 12-6pm

just things to be aware of so that you can devise a plan B, just in case
    so do you know what the cheapest item is?
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    its already been posted. cheapest physical item is the shaver adapter, the cheapest amount is a 20p donation to charity(although you are more than welcome to donate more if necessary).

other cheap but useful items are batteries (we currently have various offers on duracell such as 8AA for price of 4 £2.99 980/0146 , AA 980/0153 or 6 for price of 4 AA 980/0603, AAA 980/0627 ) and lightbulbs with 4 packs of bulbs starting at £1.49
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • crazyloon_2
    Options
    if you're visiting one of the bigger stores it might be worth checking for a managers special 'flight board' or maybe at the jewellry counter as sometimes there still the odd bit of RO (=discontinued) stock about. think there was some earrings for 74p etc;) happy bargain hunting:wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure