amazon 'assistant'

Options
Hi clever folks I ordered something from Amazon last week and it seems I now have an 'assistant' that is attached to my Apple MacAir laptop, since its become attached I seem to have had no emails from Outlook Express and I keep getting a notification saying please enter your password for OE

Only trouble is I can't remember the blooming password as it was set 4 years ago when I bought my lap-top I am wondering if its this 'assistant' thats stopping my OE from receiving emails up until this 'assistant appeared I have had no problems whatsoever

Thought I'd ask as I know you are a clever lot I am not very techie at all and it may save me a journey to my nearest Apple shop which is a fair distance from where I live

JackieO xx

Comments

• bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it attached to your browser or outlook client?

You should be able to uninstall via the addins options of either
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Hi clever folks I ordered something from Amazon last week
    Ok, tell us what is was - it may help (or it may be nothing at all to do with it!?)
    I now have an 'assistant' that is attached to my Apple MacAir laptop, since its become attached I seem to have had no emails from Outlook Express
    Was there ever a version of Outlook Express for Apple? Very odd. Guess it's Outlook?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry its Outlook I have outlook express on my desktop. I ordered a kilo of toy stuffing from amaxon and its arrived with n problem but at to top of my screen where it says search I have a small 'a' amozon logo which wasn't there before and it keep filling up with various adds for amazon stuff If I ckick on it brings up different things I may be interested in Since oredering my oy stuffing it appeared and I can no longer receive any email on the Outlook at all I can receive them via my Mac mail but I prefer to use Outlook as I am more used to it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is it attached to your browser or outlook client?

You should be able to uninstall via the addins options of either

I'm not very technical at all I'm afraid its next to the search bar at the top of the screen,I use Safari as it was recommended to me by the Apple chap when I bought the laptop
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry its Outlook I have outlook express on my desktop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express

Outlook Express, formerly known as Microsoft Internet Mail and News, is a discontinued email and news client included with Internet Explorer versions 3.0 through to 6.0. As such, it was bundled with several versions of Microsoft Windows, from Windows 98 to Windows Server 2003, and was available for Windows 3.x, Windows NT 3.51, Windows 95, Mac System 7, Mac OS 8, and Mac OS 9. In Windows Vista, Outlook Express was superseded by Windows Mail. In macOS, Outlook Express was superseded by Apple Mail
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    I'm not very technical at all I'm afraid its next to the search bar at the top of the screen,I use Safari as it was recommended to me by the Apple chap when I bought the laptop
    I now have an 'assistant' that is attached to my Apple MacAir laptop

Possibly an extension in Safari? Uninstall blurb here
    https://www.vuze.com/uninstall-vuze-mac-extensions.php#vuzesafari
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yay managed to unistall the blooming thing at last and also got my emails back Now all I have to do is work out how to get the search box above the safari screen to return as it seems to have disappeared :):) onwards and upwards

JackieO xx
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    Now all I have to do is work out how to get the search box above the safari screen to return as it seems to have disappeared :):) onwards and upwards

JackieO xx
    Not sure if the search box was part of Safari or something else? Is what is missing as highlghted here?

20120924_safari601search5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure