To Purchase my first house

Hi All,

I am an assured housing association tenant for the last 10 years. I have been saving for many years and now want to invest that money in a restaurant business or to purchase a house and put it on rent to boost my income and for future security. Most likely I am thinking to invest in a property for rental gain as it’s more safer then buying a business.
If I buy another house to put in on rent, will I have to return my current tenanted house back to housing associations. I don’t claim and extra benefit to pay my rent and have been paying from day one the asking rent monthly.


  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Forumite, Ambassador Posts: 49,217
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes , if you own a property that excludes you from social housing
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.1K Life & Family
  • 244.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards