New plan...time to see some movement! - Page 106

New Post Advanced Search

New plan...time to see some movement!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.6K replies 87.3K views

Replies

• Purplemumof2Purplemumof2 Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor love, calpol and cuddles :)

Well done to DH's selling efforts :D xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    BC: £7070.00 :mad: Lloyds: £7850.00 :mad: MBNA: GONE :)
    Feb LTW 2/20
    PAYDBX 2020 #041 PD £298.03/£8000
    Xmas Pot £52.85/£500 ~ EF £280/£500
    20p Savers 2020 :) £2 Savers 2020 :) 50p Savers 2020 :) SPC 13 2020 #003
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor love, calpol and cuddles :)

Well done to DH's selling efforts :D xx

Thank you :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my tax credits award for last year and this year finalised, and I've got a £300 overpayment for last year, and nothing due this year. The letter says they will take the overpayment from future awards.

I'm not likely to be due any future awards as things stand currently, as my childcare bill will reduce even more next year when little miss starts school. Also, I'm contemplating getting a tax free childcare account now anyway and you can't have both.

Does anyone know what I should do about paying it back? Phone them? Wait for them to ask for it? Send them a cheque? Do I need to wait until next year when this year is finalised? It seems crazy they don't give you the option just to clear it.
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you do I'm afraid. Is there any info on paying back overpayments on their website? If not I'd ring and ask them if you can pay it back now.

DH did well on selling 40 items :T.

I hope Little Miss feels better soon and you don't have any more disturbed nights :eek:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • Eager_ElephantEager_Elephant Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you keep your claim for Tax Credits open but with an award of £0 then after a few years they will invoice the Overpayment to you and then you can either pay in full or make an arrangement.

If you open a Tax Free Childcare account your Tax Credits claim will automatically end and you will get a final award notice and then a month or so later you get the bill for the Overpayment.

Its not easy to pay off an Overpayment if you have a current claim.
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you do I'm afraid. Is there any info on paying back overpayments on their website? If not I'd ring and ask them if you can pay it back now.

DH did well on selling 40 items :T.

I hope Little Miss feels better soon and you don't have any more disturbed nights :eek:.

Thank you :) We had a much better night last night thankfully!
    If you keep your claim for Tax Credits open but with an award of £0 then after a few years they will invoice the Overpayment to you and then you can either pay in full or make an arrangement.

If you open a Tax Free Childcare account your Tax Credits claim will automatically end and you will get a final award notice and then a month or so later you get the bill for the Overpayment.

Its not easy to pay off an Overpayment if you have a current claim.

Oh that's brilliant, thank you :) I'll get saving so I can pay it off in one go.
  • AdventureWantedAdventureWanted Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Poor little miss and poor you having a rubbish nights sleep. A friend of mine swears by Epsom salt baths for drying chicken pox spots up quicker. When her son had it recently the spots did go quite quickly, so there might be something in it? When DC1 & Dc2 had it we just used virasoothe, but neither of them had it too bad. DC3 hasn't had it yet - am dreading it!

Hope she feels better soon and you get a better nights sleep tonight. Well done to DH on the eBay sales - that's an amazing amount of sales.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    CC1 - £0 😁 / Was £5,185 1/8/17. | CC2 - £0 😁 / Was £13,470 1/8/17. | CC3 - £0.00 😁 / Was £11,400 1/8/17. | CC4 - £6,646.60 / Was £13,000 20/11/17 | DH CC - £0.00 😁/ Was £16,798.59 31/3/18[/i] | DH Car - £9,730.00 / Was £10,350.00 1/1/20.
    Challenges
    2020 1% challenge - #1 - 41% | PAYDBX 2020 -#29 Pd £4,943.40/ £12,000 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor little miss and poor you having a rubbish nights sleep. A friend of mine swears by Epsom salt baths for drying chicken pox spots up quicker. When her son had it recently the spots did go quite quickly, so there might be something in it? When DC1 & Dc2 had it we just used virasoothe, but neither of them had it too bad. DC3 hasn't had it yet - am dreading it!

Hope she feels better soon and you get a better nights sleep tonight. Well done to DH on the eBay sales - that's an amazing amount of sales.

Thanks for the tip. They seem to be clearing up ok now. I've been slathering her in Sudocrem, it seemed to work better on her. I used Virasoothe on little jwil and it was great, but it was making little miss scream, so I stopped this time.
  • NeverendingDMPNeverendingDMP Forumite
    580 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the chicken pox. Hopefully you will be all finished with it soon and not have to get it again. Well done on selling so much and managing to sort the tax credits out all at the same time. I dont know how you do it.
    35,213 - Jan 2018, 18330 remaining.
    Mortgage 77224- 71034
    EF =348
  • retiredandskintretiredandskint Forumite
    799 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    I've only just caught up with your diary, so sorry to hear miss jwil has chicken pox, hope she's soon on the mend.

I have good and bad days the evenings and nights are the worse. It's a couple of weeks away to what would have been his birthday. Easter was bad enough I keep being told the first of everything is the worst.