Rail cards

Options
Does any one know of a rail card for a single traveller aged 55?
None of the options seem to fit my critea, I'm not a student, season ticket holder, don't travel with young kids or partner, I'm not disabled or living in the London area.

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A Network Railcard, though it would only give you a discount for journeys in the Network Railcard area:

https://www.network-railcard.co.uk/
    Stompa
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Difficult to advise without knowing where you live. If you happened to be in Scotland then there is is Scotrail Club 50 scheme.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/tickets/club-50
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A trick is to buy an annual season from Ryde Pier Head to Ryde Esplanade for £268.

If you think you will be paying of £804 in rail tickets in 12 months, then you will save money because the season will get you 1/3rd off other tickets.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    A trick is to buy an annual season from Ryde Pier Head to Ryde Esplanade for £268.

If you think you will be paying of £804 in rail tickets in 12 months, then you will save money because the season will get you 1/3rd off other tickets.

Or buy an annual season from Lapworth to Hatton for £160 for the same benefits. However it is worth comparing the cost compared to the standard Network Card, in the number of trips you might carry out in the extended Gold Card area, how many times the no minimum fare & use from 09:30 will be of benefit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure