Help needed with Experian credit report

Options
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this query.

I was discharged from bankruptcy in May 2006 and I've just got round to checking my credit report.
I'm finding it hard to understand something on the report, I've tried looking on the Experian site for answers and didn't find it much help, so i thought I'd ask here.

Under the 'Account Information' section of my report, there are 8 entries, C1 - C8.

C1 and C2 are my basic Abbey account and mobile phone account, both are currently active and everything is as expected.

C3 - C8 are all loans and cards associated with the bankruptcy from which I was discharged in 2006.
They all show status history as '8', i.e. the 'account is defaulted'. I assumed they would all show the same 'default date', but these dates vary by several months, ranging from August 2005 (the month I was actually declared bankrupt) to February 2006.

I am puzzled because the report makes it look like these accounts are still open, as they all show the account balance, although these balances should be zero as they were cleared by the bankruptcy.

My question is, do i need to update the information with Experian, or is everything as it should be?

Sorry to be a pain, just really confused by the report.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport