Bank Interview tomorrow - HELP!

Options
We are due a yearly Bank Review tomorrow by telephone, it has already been hinted they will try and get us to take a loan to clear the O/D . We have cancelled a lot of our DDs and haven't used the account for a week or so and have drawn cash out to live on until our next payments go into our new account - what do i do tomorrow? There is an overdraft on the account, do i come clean and say OH is going bancrupt and i realise the debt will be passed to me but at moment i'm not working and see what they say.
I realise they will freeze the account but as OH is going B/C asap we were expecting that anyway OR do i chicken out and not be in for the interview

Comments

• betterlatethannever
    Options
    Personally, id ignore the phone, or ring them and say somethings come up and you'll be away for a while and when you get back you'll re-arrange .
    Best to leave these things till you know where your going and have had loads of expert advice on what to do.
    And what ever you do, don't take out the loan!!!!!
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • madoldbat
    Options
    I would agree with BLTN avoid the bank tommorow.Get as much information from CAB/CCCS before you talk to them as you can.
    We changed bank account as soon as we made our desision.Had pay and benifits paid into it set up DD for rent council tax ect and started new buget to enable us to save for fees.We had a call from 1st bank asking why we had not had anything paid into account we simply said CAB were helping us sort out our finances and had advised us to open another account and we would contact them asap re O/D & loan.Bank was ok with this for 2 weeks they said,they had the same reply from us 2 weeks later.But it got us through.We opend new account with COOP who have been brilliant.We were honest when we applied and told them we intended to go BR got lots of understanding didnt even freeze a/c.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Some of the best lessons we ever learn,we learn from our mistakes and failures.the error of the past is the success and wisdom of the future.:wave: :beer::j
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd echo what everyone else says....I was due a bank chat a few weeks before I went BR to discuss my finances, I rang up & cancelled & said i'd call again for a rearrange as soon as I could..you dont have to go but contact the debt helplines asap the more information you have the better

Good luck

Phil
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Don`t answer the phone ......

......but seriously, Phil has got it spot on as always.:beer:
  • Thanks for advice I'm pleased you all said the same thing, i wasn't looking forward to it but was prepared to "blubber" down the phone cos thats what i would have done - bit emotional at the moment.
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    Blubbering down the phone to the bank is what they love. It means your vulnerable and will probably say yes to a loan.
    Def, best you stay away from that phone now.
    Get the advice you need from the agencies and from here.
    And being emotional at a time like this is normal, its a stressful time, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel now. You've admitted theres a problem and your doing something about it.
    Good luck x
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • madoldbat
    Options
    Spot on as always BLTN.
    Your doing great Hoots.:T One step at atime at your pace will make you feel more in controle.Big hug keepstrong.
    Some of the best lessons we ever learn,we learn from our mistakes and failures.the error of the past is the success and wisdom of the future.:wave: :beer::j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure