Bankruptcy & third party bank accounts

Options

Comments

• Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Options
    Have any bailiffs been appointed by the county court?
    Or just do your BR straight away and open a simple building society account.

No, i’m just getting phone calls and letters at the moment but it won’t be long until they go to Court
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kimberley - To test this, I have just been into the co-op while I was in town and asked if I could open a basic bank account - they said yes. I currently have 4 normal current accounts with them and other banks
    I don't understand why you can not open one?
  • Kimberley
    Options
    Kimberley - To test this, I have just been into the co-op while I was in town and asked if I could open a basic bank account - they said yes. I currently have 4 normal current accounts with them and other banks
    I don't understand why you can not open one?

It’s says online or shall I go in the shop? I have applied for Nationwide online and just clicked i have no current accounts
  • utterly_ashamed
    Options
    It’s the Cashminder account you need - you can’t apply online only in branch or by post.

It’s the one I’m going to get pre / post br.

If you do go in to a branch make sure it’s a branch of the co-op bank and not the shop! ;-)
  • realgonekid_2
    Options
    So the baliff worry is unfounded then
  • utterly_ashamed
    Options
    Also Kimberley - I’ve just asked the question about missed payments on a different thread. Very unlikely any bailiffs will be sent round for CC / loan debt and if do they don’t have any legal power anyway.

Are you in arrears now? If so how many payments have you missed?
  • Kimberley
    Options
    Also Kimberley - I’ve just asked the question about missed payments on a different thread. Very unlikely any bailiffs will be sent round for CC / loan debt and if do they don’t have any legal power anyway.

Are you in arrears now? If so how many payments have you missed?

Thanks. I’ve missed a months worth. Going to the Co Op bank soon to see if I can open the bank account today and arrange my DD and OD to be moved today hopefully.
  • utterly_ashamed
    Options
    Ok well don’t panic about bailiffs at this stage of its only a month! 😊
  • utterly_ashamed
    Options
    I’m planning on submitting my app in Nov most likely - I’ve stopped paying debts now to save money for fees and emergency fund. By Nov I’ll have missed 3/4 months of payments.
  • utterly_ashamed
    Options
    By OD you don’t mean overdraft do you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills