Comments

• Sparkle_Girl
    Options
    It’s with Coventry x
  • pjcox2005
    pjcox2005 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There is no accounting for people's stubornness but hopefully if you go to court and start the process yourself then he may see sense and a deal can be done based on the original offer he made to you
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There have been a few threads where people have had to go to court to force a sale. Where the other party is being a stubborn so and so for even after being made a reasonable offer the judge has awarded costs against them to come out of their share of the equity.
  • Jojomissy
    Jojomissy Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am one of those who had to force a sale.

My ex partner was extremely stubborn, he never opened letters, just put them in a bin liners and took them to the tip. It took 5 years to eventually get him out of the property ( he was living in it) but he was extreme. I also had the issue of our son being extremely ill on chemotherapy so I was living at the hospital mostly and had to find a rental as he changed the locks

I had 2 court hearings, the second as the judge gave benefit of the doubt as he didn't turn up but when he failed to turn up to the second hearing the judge awarded him to pay all costs out of his share.

It cost £6k but I did not pay due to the above. Considering the case was as long and drawn out I thought the costs were reasonable.

My advice, start the ball rolling asap. I wish I hadn't fell for his promises of sorting things out.

Your ex has moved on and is exerting his control. Be strong and take control of your life.

Good Luck

Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family