Amigo Loans really are an evil company

Options

Comments

• Chantellekwx
    Options
    Amigo loans don’t give two flying pigs if you’re in debt and can’t afford to pay or not. This is what happened with me and my ex. He signed as the back up and I took the loan, we fell into troubled water and they still took us to court. I’ve made the court judgments payments as followed and amigo have now sent the account to a debt collect with enforcement agents and told them they never took me to court (despite me having CCJ paperwork and the judgment in the drawer!) just to get a higher payment from me than what I am paying. They are evil and I would advise everyone to avoid at all costs.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would agree - the interest rate they offer is evil....not sure why anyone would take out such a loan - hopefully another thinking about one should find their way here first.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I would rip into them on the phone and make the person want to sob. You don't need to swear or use offensive or vulgar language. The English language has lots of exciting words to choose from when talking to scum and making them feel small is an achievable accomplishment.

We can all live in hope that Amigo Loans are one of the next creditor businesses to go bang - as we have learned from Wonga, it can happen to any business at anytime.

The agents should not be raising their voice on the phone nor having a biased view. Their primary aim should be to assist the customer and not make them feel worse with passive aggression. Use them to vent your anger, but do not say anything that could get you into trouble if played back, like I said, there are ways to pipe them down without overstepping the mark.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    T-G-C wrote: »
    I would rip into them on the phone and make the person want to sob. You don't need to swear or use offensive or vulgar language. The English language has lots of exciting words to choose from when talking to scum and making them feel small is an achievable accomplishment.

An utterly pointless exercise.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    But very gratifying, especially if they are the unsympathetic, shouty type. :)
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think everyone should download a call recorder for their mobile phone. A ranting customer services agent would form a good basis for a complaint.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think everyone should download a call recorder for their mobile phone. A ranting customer services agent would form a good basis for a complaint.

Best to tell them that the call is being recorded for quality and training purposes.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »

Sometimes it takes a good kick up the ar** to push a company into doing something, I do not condone swearing or abuse but a firm hand shows that you will not back down and keep persisting until an amicable resolution is met.

As a "responsible lender" they would have teams dedicated to financial difficulties and debt resolution, but call center staff are trained to push back on this as much as possible, to encourage the debtor to pay their agreed installments, even if it means putting them into the situation that the OP is in. If you keep persisting and show a firm stance then eventually someone higher-up with the authority to make things happen will take over.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    foxy-stoat wrote: »
    I would agree - the interest rate they offer is evil....not sure why anyone would take out such a loan - hopefully another thinking about one should find their way here first.

People see it as an easy option or cant/wont simply wait and save.

Been there and done it...but we could also argue same for credit cards or loans,we insist we need and must have XYZ now this second and bang it on the plastic or ask Wonga.

Then slate them for lending money to people who cant afford it,what utter monsters....well if they are such utter monsters,simply dont use them and they wouldn't exist.

We need to take responsibility for our actions.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a good kick up the ar** to push a company into doing something, I do not condone swearing or abuse but a firm hand shows that you will not back down and keep persisting until an amicable resolution is met....

Err, right. So now you want an "amicable resolution"? I'm not quite convinced that your tactic of ripping into them on the phone and making "the person want to sob" quite meets the definition of amicable.:)

I'd suggest a different tactic.
    As a "responsible lender" they would have teams dedicated to financial difficulties and debt resolution, but call center staff are trained to push back on this as much as possible, to encourage the debtor to pay their agreed installments, even if it means putting them into the situation that the OP is in. If you keep persisting and show a firm stance then eventually someone higher-up with the authority to make things happen will take over.

Paying your agreed instalments is what you are supposed to do. Failure to do so means that Amigo will simply turn to the guarantor.

What things do you think should happen?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport