New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Changing for good!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
246 replies 16.3K views

Replies

• SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done! Stick with it. Every little bit paid off is a step closer to your goal :)

Thank you :D
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • You're in a really similar place to me - I know I'll be debt free within a year if I keep going.
    Some days are easy, some days are tough but one year in the grand scheme of things is nothing.
    Then all your lovely money will be your own!!
    Starting over again...
    CC1: £0 / £1144.58
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then all your lovely money will be your own!!

That's what keeps me going, I've worked out what my finances will be like in a year and that is motivation enough :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • Wow your doing so well!! How much would you say you earn monthly with your surveys? Looking into starting but not sure if it's worth the energy x
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't really looked at it on average but I only do them as I can manage to do them at work. If I was just doing then at home I don't think I'd get so many done x
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never have a lot to say for very long after payday :)

Did a £12 study on PA as I said and that is all that's payable at the moment - if any of the pending clear to get to around £15 today I might cashout ready for tomorrow, however I do have enough pending that I can withdraw over £20 in one go so I may wait it out... I just want to pay it off the CC now :rotfl:

I will have paid off 10% of my debt when I make my next CC payment to CC2 :) very excited to have it cleared and move on to the next CC! Even more excited to make my debt payments next month and have my debt total go under £4k! Not by a lot but still :)

Hope everyone (if anyone is reading :rotfl: ) had a good weekend and has an ok Monday :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • wishingthemortgaheawaywishingthemortgaheaway Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still reading...

Well done on the 10%, keep going.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still reading...

Well done on the 10%, keep going.

It's good to know I'm not talking to myself :rotfl:
    Thank you :)
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00
  • NelliePieNelliePie Forumite
    279 posts
    Hi I'm still reading too!
    I don't mean this to sound patronising but you're doing really well! It's not taken you that long to clear the 10% so you'll be debt free before you know it.

I've read on other diaries about people celebrating every 1% or trying to work out where they can squeeze that extra 1% from (extra income, YS savings on groceries etc). I think the Idea is that reaching each 1% target seems more achievable and keeps the feeling of wins coming so acts as a motivator. So if your debts are £4K you only need to find £40 and you'll have reached another 1% - I'm sure you could do that on PA fairly quickly (surveys permitting).

Keep going! I'll be here 'til the end
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • SSDD23SSDD23 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NelliePie wrote: »
    Hi I'm still reading too!
    I don't mean this to sound patronising but you're doing really well! It's not taken you that long to clear the 10% so you'll be debt free before you know it.

I've read on other diaries about people celebrating every 1% or trying to work out where they can squeeze that extra 1% from (extra income, YS savings on groceries etc). I think the Idea is that reaching each 1% target seems more achievable and keeps the feeling of wins coming so acts as a motivator. So if your debts are £4K you only need to find £40 and you'll have reached another 1% - I'm sure you could do that on PA fairly quickly (surveys permitting).

Keep going! I'll be here 'til the end

Thank you NelliePie :) the percentage thing is definitely a motivator!
    VSP #12 £102.63
    LISA - £87.37
    EF - £0.00