Quick Question

Options
Hi

I'm a bit confused, OH is saving for fees to go bankrupt and has stopped paying his creditors, i am not currently working and have been advised by CCCS that i need to send a letter (which CCCS have sent me) offering a token payment to my creditors which i am in process of completing today.

My question is do i send a copy of our CCCS prepared list of creditors and expenditure sheet which lists both my OH debts and mine, if so do i mark on it which are my debts or do i do a separate list of just mine.

Many thanks

Head out of the sand

Comments

• head_out_of_the_sand
    Options
    Can i bump this up please as i'm waiting to post letters, any advice please
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I'm a bit confused, OH is saving for fees to go bankrupt and has stopped paying his creditors, i am not currently working and have been advised by CCCS that i need to send a letter (which CCCS have sent me) offering a token payment to my creditors which i am in process of completing today.

My question is do i send a copy of our CCCS prepared list of creditors and expenditure sheet which lists both my OH debts and mine, if so do i mark on it which are my debts or do i do a separate list of just mine.

Many thanks

Head out of the sand

Not 100% sure what you should do in this case BUT if it was me then I would only detail my debts or joint debts as all those in OH`s name will be dealt with by BR.

There may be others around later who can detail this with greater accuracy. My OH and I both declared BR so this issue never arose.
    Good luck
    :beer:
  • head_out_of_the_sand
    Options
    Thanks, will hold off sending anything for now , the CCCS said it was a bit heavy handed for me to go bankrupt as well as my amount of debt approx £6 would be serviceable if i managed to get work which is my plan.

Anyone have the answer please?
  • head_out_of_the_sand
    Options
    really sorry but can we bump this up again, being a worrier i really want to get my letters in the post tomorrow morning

thanks
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think it really matters if you send them as your creditors will just ignore them. They will still call and each time you have to tell them you wrote to them. They don't look that far back in their computer before they phone you. I only had 1 creditor acknowledge my letter offering token payment.

:j :j

• head_out_of_the_sand
    Options
    What is the best course of action then, we are ignoring the phone because hubbys creditors, isn't it best for me to at least tell my creditors i'm having a problem paying? I'm hoping once OH is bankrupt that i can continue servicing the debts (minimum payments at least) out of CHB which is in my name if necessary until our situation improves - would this be allowed.
    CHB was put on OH expenditure sheet as income received from me to the household so can i pay my creditors from this or not - short term????
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    What is the best course of action then, we are ignoring the phone because hubbys creditors, isn't it best for me to at least tell my creditors i'm having a problem paying? I'm hoping once OH is bankrupt that i can continue servicing the debts (minimum payments at least) out of CHB which is in my name if necessary until our situation improves - would this be allowed.
    CHB was put on OH expenditure sheet as income received from me to the household so can i pay my creditors from this or not - short term????

The only problem with this that I can see is that CHB is not classed as income for the purposes of the OR`s income and expenditure. But if you are giving the money to him then it will just be seen as another income and may then be used in any calculations of I& E as it will not show directly as child benefit.....if you see what I mean:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure