Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Arrrgghhh! "BoxBe Waiting List!" Hiding emails.

grannybikergrannybiker Forumite
12.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
Forumite
So I've noticed a lack of emails in my main Yahoo email recently and assumed it was the result of unsubscribing. I also noticed vaguely that I wasn't getting daily reminders for Badger or the Travel Trivia :o.

Tonight I just happened to look down my list of folders and I spotted this unfamiliar folder. It seems I have this carp attached to my email :mad:. How did that happen? It seems I have over 5,000 unread emails in there :eek:.
I've done a search using "Congratulations." and found one of those endangered species - a WEM from last month. Fortunately not time critical, so hoping it's not too late.

Beware if you have it too!
Going to have to trawl carefully tomorrow :(
Worse things will have happened in the world today...
"The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."

Replies

• mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    One of my accounts is a Yahoo one but "archive" appears to be the only thing listed in "My Folders" although it does keep showing a message to "Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail" perhaps it creates one then.
  • RahvenRahven Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    This suggests that it's not part of Yahoo mail but a third party 'service' - maybe you can therefore get rid of it. Some info on how to do this here
  • janE1956janE1956 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    happened to me a month or so back comes from the music news comps, I unsubscribed on bother now hths x
  • grannybikergrannybiker Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you :)
    Have unsubscribed via their site, but they recommend removing permission in Yahoo too.
    All done :)
    I know I need to skim through 5K+ unread emails now :O
    Think I'll go for a swim in the local outdoor pool first. (Princess of Procrastination, me, LOL!)
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals