Comments

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 July 2018 at 7:38AM
    Options
    Savi_123 wrote: »
    Hi Haras,

Thank you for responding. Just to clarify, my Partner will be able to commute to and from her current employer if she is not able to find job (very unlikely) however, we feel that the Lender is assuming that she wouldn't based on her being a first time Mother which we feel is more an assumption...

You said their answer was, they said she wouldn't be returning to her current job, yet you yourself have said "Please note, that it is very unlikely that my Partner will be returning to her current employer". So they are right on the money !

As someone else said, what a cheek you have, you complain they turned you down, on the very reason you admit is correct !
  • jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes come back to us when the baby is a year old and see if she is happy being away 3 days a week.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    The simple truth is that does not matter what your view is. The Lenders underwriter has taken a different one.

You need to explore elsewhere.

I must admit a two and half hour trip for Mum to stay three days away from new baby is not a story I would think will run with Lenders.
    Yep. There would be certain lender options for this and lenders to stay well away from.

Coventry was a mistake IMHO.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Problem is the proposal was not plausible.

They probably suspect she will not return to work, except to secure the maternity, there is the risk that may not happen as 3 long days* away may not work.

I much more plausible scenario would have been the plan was to secure new employment in the new location, with the NHS it's easy to get jobs message(even though that is not true everywhere in the UK).

* three long days is likely to involve at least 3 nights away and more realistic 4, getting away with 2 night with a commute+long day 1/3 day will require a very flexible employer and other staff(having to fit round you) potentially ignoring basic WTR beaks and relying on compensatory breaks.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    jennhg88 wrote: »
    Yes come back to us when the baby is a year old and see if she is happy being away 3 days a week.

No need, the OP actually had the chutzpah to state this wasn't going to happen, in effect they made up a story for the underwriter.

Perhaps the underwriter should have said "the plot of The Da Vinci code was more plausible"
  • jennhg88
    jennhg88 Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    No need, the OP actually had the chutzpah to state this wasn't going to happen, in effect they made up a story for the underwriter.

Perhaps the underwriter should have said "the plot of The Da Vinci code was more plausible"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • haras_nosirrah
    haras_nosirrah Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Options
    it is about as plausible as the person we had on here last week who was angry that halifax weren't happy with his wife coming off the deeds and staying in the property but wouldn't believe his wife was going to live with his mother while he lived in the marital home.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Savi_123
    Savi_123 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback. Our Broker placed an Appeal on Thursday, and today we have found out that the Underwritters have overturned their decision and agreed for Mortgage :j
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Savi_123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback. Our Broker placed an Appeal on Thursday, and today we have found out that the Underwritters have overturned their decision and agreed for Mortgage :j

Pleased to hear that you obtained a satisfactory outcome.
  • PersianCatLady
    Options
    ACG wrote: »
    They are not declining your application because your partner will be a first time mother, they are declining the application because they do not think she will return to work at the place of employment you put on the application due to the commute...and they are correct.

How cheeky can you be.

I know!!

Sometimes people seem to forget that they don't have the right to be lent money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure