Ecopartners and TP Solar

Options
Hi all,

I have a system installed by TP Solar with Enphase inverters that has been running fine.

I recently received a letter from Ecopartners informing me that TP Solar had gone out of business (no great surprise there) but they could offer to take over monitoring my system and offered a free health check.

I had put this on hold, planning to come back to it when I had time, but recently logging into my enphase web portal I notice that EcoPartners somehow already have access to my production details and are listed as my support and maintenance provider without me every agreeing.

Has anyone heard of them or had dealings? Are they reputable?

Thanks
Mavii

Comments

• rustyg
    rustyg Posts: 331 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2018 at 12:43AM
    Options
    I wouldn't touch these with a bargepole. The directors have got a string of failed PV companies behind them.

TP Solar was highly recommended on this forum for a while due to the low prices:

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • ispookie666
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. System installed by TP solar and now left with no maintainers. Interestingly Ecopartners are pushed by enpahse. End of december one of my enphase micro inverters started showing "Grid Instability AC freq out of range", now this has spread to 4 other panel/micro inverters.

I contacted Ecopartners - they want £150 upfront + 100 yearly fees. The fine print - they will not deal with already existing problems, they were very vague about replacement for damaged micro inverters.. In short I dont believe these guys.
    Any recommendation on a system maintainer to sort this out. I have a feeling that changing the grid profile would sort this out.
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure