DMP or Bankruptcy??? I'm in a mess. Please help

Options
13»

Comments

927 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Ok-would I be allowed insurance and fuel costs though? I don’t want to pull my son out of nursery so even if my parents own the car I’d still have to be insured on it.
  • Clouds88
    Clouds88 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes you can, unless they think you don!!!8217;t need a car but then you!!!8217;ll be allowed an allowance for taxis, bus ect. Hopefully the car won!!!8217;t be an issue.
    Options
    I’ve been advised nursery isn’t an essential so it’s likely the car will go. I’d argue I’ll need it to look for work as I live in the countryside and buses/taxis would cost a lot. To get to the supermarket is £13 each way in a taxi. Likewise there’s one bus a day. So if I have no car coats I’d have enough surplus for an ipa meaning I’d not be able to run the car anyway. Do you think the taxi/bus allowance would cover taxi costs of that amount?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    You're starting to overthink things now. There's not a lot you can do to change things. Bung in your application and let the OR make the decisions.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    You're starting to overthink things now. There's not a lot you can do to change things. Bung in your application and let the OR make the decisions.

Id go with this, stressing about every possible scenario helps no one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
    Options
    Hah! Yes, I am. I run through every scenario in my head and am full of ifs and buts. Thank you everyone for comments and help, it’s much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure