2»

Comments

• Breamfod
    Breamfod Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Already have co op cash minder I don!!!8217;t owe them anything
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    You should be ok with a cashminder account, mine was not frozen
  • Breamfod
    Options
    Do they only freeze accounts prior to interview I was thinking as or decided not to interview me that!!!8217;s might mean account won!!!8217;t get frozen I am worried about my rent payment
  • philnicandevan
    Options
    Breamfod wrote: »
    Do they only freeze accounts prior to interview I was thinking as or decided not to interview me that!!!8217;s might mean account won!!!8217;t get frozen I am worried about my rent payment

It all depends on the Bank as OR's office/Examiners dont freeze a bank account (its the bank that decide that)....as others have said its VERY unusual for a co-op cashminder acc to be frozen BUT if (very rare) it did hapen just a quick call to the OR's office dealing with your case and the account can be unfrozen asap
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • Breamfod
    Options
    Should I put money back in my account then as I need it for standing order for rent at end of the month
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I would make sure you have enough money in your account to cover any standing order/direct debits
  • PaulL2
    PaulL2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    My co-op normal account (not cashminder) was closed 2 weeks after BR, but I'd stopped using it anyway in anticipation. Yours should be alright but as others have said, if it is frozen temporarily, make a few phone calls and see if you can get it up and running again.

If you owe the co-op bank any money e.g. loans, credit cards, this may be different as they may snatch anything that's in your account.
  • Breamfod
    Options
    thanks for the support everyone, ive been really struggling on my own. well i have had a letter saying in can keep my car (its old) so that is a relief. Also she's not contacting my landlord as i don't owe any rent.
    Co op said i have the right account for a bankrupt so i am hoping they don't close it.
    i don't owe them anything as i been with them for 9 years - yes i have been waiting to go bankrupt that long. i can't say i feel relieved or better but at least i don't need to worry about the debts anymore. Npower have raised an objection to me moving suppliers but or said the debit on my account is included and they should stop chasing me as she's written to everyone. I had to cancel my contents insurance as they don't accept bankrupts i cancelled a bit a quick as didn't want them to cancel policy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure