Advice please!

Options
1235»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    What happens if I just stop paying for the time being? I am going to get the letters printed out today that you previously linked to. I'm just feeling very nervous right now, hate not paying things on time :eek:
    Ahh also, I completed the "debt remedy tool" on stepchange, and the only solution they gave me was bankruptcy, with an activation fee of over £500 :undecided

Debt Remedy is a bit of a blunt tool and no replacement for the brain of a good adviser. I presume it's saying bankruptcy (£680 fee btw) because of the car. But you do have other options as I set out earlier.
  • Stressedmummy
    Options
    Thank you, I’ll give them a call tomorrow if I can ;)
  • DMP_Tiger
    DMP_Tiger Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Stepchange calculator advised me bankruptcy. But as fatbelly says, it is a very blunt tool. It also said that a DMP would take 30 years but with salary increases, additional income, F & F's and my daughter getting older so my wife can work a part time job, I am looking at 7 years maximum - hopefully less.

But even at 30 years, SC didn't have a problem with me going ahead with a DMP. You do whatever works best for you.
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure