Taking part in publicity

Have you ever had to take part in publicity, in relation to a competition win? What did you have to do, and has it happened with most of your wins?

Cheers

Comments

• Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I won a voucher booklet in a local comp earlier this year and had to go to the magazine's office to pick it up and have my picture taken for inclusion in the next issue. Only the second time I can recall being asked to take part in comp-related publicity. The first was with the same magazine, but I was out and missed the call, but I did still get the prize.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • spanglish
    spanglish Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It's quite rare to be required to take part in any publicity, and usually restricted to local comps and high value prizes. I'd had my photo taken with my prizes in a local boutique and a local shopping centre and then when I won a Gucci handbag and some expensive PA equipment. Other than that's its just the occasional quote about how great it was to win x, y or z and once to go on air to be announced as a prize winner
    best wins to date-£500, 48 theme park tickets, Holiday to Italy+£250, Venus makeover package, laptops, pro-audio gear, £500 B&Q, £1500 Gucci bag, £1000 Maplin
  • CK1223
    CK1223 Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    I was once asked to travel 4 hours to have a photo taken 'accepting' a prize at the offices of the company holding the promotion. There was no mention of this in the terms and conditions and if there were I wouldn't have entered, as it would have cost me £130 and an unpaid day off work to accept the prize. I did explain this to the company who then sent me an acceptance letter and made me take a photo of myself holding the letter and send it to them and they said that this would be sufficient, but they then changed their mind and said that I still needed to go to the offices to accept the prize. I had to politely decline the prize.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure