Finally managed to open a bank account, but..

Hi All,

I am working to lower my debt I still have a long way to go and have an active CCJ against my name.

I recently applied for a NatWest current account and to my surprise I have been accepted, after being rejected from a couple other banks.

All is well, I am just awaiting my card then I am set. I have my account number and sort code and access to online banking to which it asked me if I wanted to open a savers account I clicked yes and the form pre-populates and this is where I have realised a mistake, it's got me down as Miss rather than Mr.

So I am guessing my card is going to be in the title of Miss too.

What makes this even more odd is I had to confirm my ID by way of photographing my driving licence too which clearly says Mr and I definitely wasn't in my weekend gear in my photo either!

So do I tell them and risk them closing the account, or could I just leave it would it cause any issues? I could always get the chop down below would save me paying a monthly account fee elsewhere.

Comments

• tallyhoh
    tallyhoh Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Tell them, saves any problems further on. If they close it you can always go for a basic account somewhere.

Weekend gear :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Tallyhoh! Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved £29382.50 so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure