Ye olde worlde meters

Options
Had PV for almost 3 weeks now, what have people done with meters going backwards? Should my installers have changed (or advised to change) them (only day is going backwards, not E7 one).

I suppose it makes no difference what i get paid as I'm on 50% export?
3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
Gloucester

Comments

• ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had PV for almost 3 weeks now, what have people done with meters going backwards? Should my installers have changed (or advised to change) them (only day is going backwards, not E7 one).

I suppose it makes no difference what i get paid as I'm on 50% export?
    You need to report it to your electricity supplier, so that they can change your meter to one that does not go backwards.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 June 2018 at 8:41PM
    Options
    I have a relation who has had a meter going backwards for the last 4 years. They have told their energy supplier about a dozen times around once every 3 months. Done it over the phone. Sent registered letters and e-mails. Nothing done as yet but each year their energy supplier refunds most of what they have paid during the previous year.

Their system is around 7.5 kWh so when its sunny it goes back quite quickly.

As long as you have told them you can always manage to be out when they come to change the meter.:D;):D
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• hawkwinddotcom
    Options
    I did send a fb message, with a false name, and they told me to contact them to have it swapped out. But they haven't answered my question about e7.
    They (bulb) knew I was getting PV as I had previously asked about their FIT, but they came back thats its in beta trial, which didn't instill confidence.
    I have registered with good energy as recommended by my installers, Just waiting for it all to kick in.
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport