We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Land registry name change
Gazdj1984
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello
Me and the wife are in the process of re-mortgaging. We have got to solicitor stage. The banks solicitor has stated that I need to provide further identification and they will write a statement of truth and contact Land Registry to change our names. We bought the house before we were married, so Land Registry shows my wife's maiden name, and does not contain our middle names. The new mortgage application does.
The bank solicitors want to charge me £150 for doing this otherwise I cannot proceed with the mortgage. They claim that them doing it will speed it up but then conceded that, should I do it, there would not be any time benefit for their service, but they would save me stress. They gave me stress demanding £150!
Having checked on Land Registry website, it appears that I can do this for free??? I know the Land Registry are a verified member on here, but any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Me and the wife are in the process of re-mortgaging. We have got to solicitor stage. The banks solicitor has stated that I need to provide further identification and they will write a statement of truth and contact Land Registry to change our names. We bought the house before we were married, so Land Registry shows my wife's maiden name, and does not contain our middle names. The new mortgage application does.
The bank solicitors want to charge me £150 for doing this otherwise I cannot proceed with the mortgage. They claim that them doing it will speed it up but then conceded that, should I do it, there would not be any time benefit for their service, but they would save me stress. They gave me stress demanding £150!
Having checked on Land Registry website, it appears that I can do this for free??? I know the Land Registry are a verified member on here, but any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards