We need a cow......

I swear we need a cow with the amount of milk we get through! 6 pints a day = £45 a month I wonder if this is where most of our debts come from.

I'm not much of a writer and my spelling is awful so I appoligise if I make your eyes bleed.

We are a family of 6 plus 2 dogs, 2 rabbits and numerous fish, we have been in debt twice before this and have not learned our lesson so this time were debt busting the long way with the hopes we will learn to live within our means.

I'm not doing an SOA as I've read enough diaries to know what we should cut but I'd rather keep sky as we never go out drinking or for meals (except birthdays) and we don't smoke. We save quite a lot of money each month birthdays and Christmas as these are the only times we spoil our kids. I use YNAB every day and have done for a good couple of years so I have a good handle on what we spend and where.

We have a Caravan as we both work full time and this is our pleasure but when we Caravan we go on cheap sites and take the food we would have used at home.

My OH earns a decent amount of money and as I'm self employed my earnings aren't bad either but this has only been over the last 12 months that our money has gone up and given us a breather!

Our debt busting plan can't start until end of July as we have loads to pay out, like car and Caravan services, main family holiday etch but these are all budgeted for and I can still make the minimums on our debts.

From July payday I'm going to be paying the minimums on our debts which is £830 plus the £150 that is left from my OH wages and then all my earnings can be sent to debt payments as well (I'm going to do this bit dailey as and when I get paid). Our dfd is 2 years away if we only pay £1200 a month (including minimums) which is the lowest we Will ever pay (fingers crossed).

This diary is to keep me accountable and so I can track my debt busting, when I can figure out how to do my signature I will put my debts on there.

Comments

• MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    hello and welcome,

could read your post fine and i wouldnt notice spelling as its not my strong point either!

sounds like you have a plan , good luck with getting out of debt
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,256 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy shiny new diary :)

I cant spell either :o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Similar milk consumption in my house...a real eye opener to think that's £45 a month!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mitch2509
    mitch2509 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your comments.

So today I've cut up all credit cards and I'm thinking of burning them as some sort of ceremony !!!55357;!!!56834;
  • mitch2509
    Similar milk consumption in my house...a real eye opener to think that's £45 a month!

It's a massive amount of money it's £550 a year!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,256 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    mitch2509 wrote: »
    Thanks for your comments.

So today I've cut up all credit cards and I'm thinking of burning them as some sort of ceremony !!!55357;!!!56834;[/QUOTE

Good idea :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mitch2509
    Signature updated!

Crickey it's a bit shocking but doable and I'm not going to let it scare me. We can do this and hopefully within 2 years.
  • Good luck :D
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • mitch2509
    Thanks I need all the luck I can get.

So today I got a £5 tip from a client and paid it straight off the CC.

Love this forum it's brilliant for ideas and motivation!
  • mitch2509
    I hardly ever get a tip and I've just got another £1, so I've sent that off to the CC as well! Better than nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure