Large order of wood/timer with Paypal

We will be ordering approx £700 worth of timer to build a summer house and want to use Paypal Credit, does anyone know of what timber merchants we can use Paypal with? (Granted, not expecting many to offer it)

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have learnt over the years to never order timber online, I only ever go local now and hand pick.

I bought a decking kit online and it was awful with twisted and warped boards and lasted only 2 years, I then went to a local timbers merchant and negotiated a discount and hand picked each one so no warped or knotted boards.

Sorry that doesn’t help you with PayPal credit but more of a warning about online timber.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you look for the sort of timber you want on eBay, you should find a local supplier that will accept PayPal. Sarah1972's warning is valid. I would go to the yard and pick out the timber you want and pay by PayPal Credit if you've established that they accept it.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Agree with all of the above.

Buy local, negotiate price and pick your own.

My qualifications. My father was a master carpenter.

He taught me a lot about which wood to buy and where. I still follow his advice.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks all, now its time to grab a notepad and start working out quantities!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure